Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to ignore a folder from the checks during eclipse renaming refactoring?
How to ignore a folder from the checks during eclipse renaming refactoring? [message #1691748] Thu, 09 April 2015 13:21 Go to next message
JP Math is currently offline JP MathFriend
When I rename a Java class in eclipse using the automated refactoring function (Alt+Shift+R), the checks take a very long time to complete. The reason is a subfolder which contains a large number of (non source) text files.

Is there a way to tell eclipse to exclude that folder from the checks during the renaming factoring without moving the folder?

Please note that I posted the question over a week ago at https:// stackoverflow.com/questions/29353183/how-to-ignore-a-folder-from-the-checks-during-eclipse-renaming-refactoring without receiving an answer. I hope, it is ok to repost here.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 April 2015 13:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to ignore a folder from the checks during eclipse renaming refactoring? [message #1691756 is a reply to message #1691748] Thu, 09 April 2015 13:45 Go to previous message
JP Math is currently offline JP MathFriend
Setting the "derived" flag solved the problem (rightclick on folder --> properties).
Further information here: http:// help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2FresAdv_derived.htm

[Updated on: Thu, 09 April 2015 13:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Dynamic yaxis Markers on Bar Chart?
Next Topic:Better way to print arrays?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:01:17 GMT 2024