Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Verification in Database
Verification in Database [message #1691603] Wed, 08 April 2015 12:43 Go to next message
Andreas Neuteich is currently offline Andreas NeuteichFriend
Hi all,

I just started to use RCP TT for my RCP application, and I think it's a good and simple way for UI testing. However, I would like to combine my UI testing with some verifications in the database.

For example, if the user opens a dialog, enters some information and presses "Finish", then the message "OK" should be displayed in the UI. Additionally, I would like to check if a new record was successfully written in the database (the RCP app is connected to a wildfly AS, that in turn is connected to a database).

Is this possible with RCP TT? Is this even a "right" / "good" approach, or is it better to test my business logic with some other tools (e.g., arquillian)?

Thanks,
Andreas
Re: Verification in Database [message #1691697 is a reply to message #1691603] Thu, 09 April 2015 06:34 Go to previous message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

RCPTT is developed to test UI of Eclipse-based application. If it is possible to verify this update by UI it is possible to verify with RCPTT. Otherwise, you can install any Eclipse plugin which is used to work with databases (eg. this) and check updates in database by UI of that plugin.
Also exec-process ECL command might be helpful there.

Please try and let me know if you have any questions.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Previous Topic:Not possible to debug Ecl Scripts added in a Group
Next Topic:[SOLVED] RCPTT terminates execution if any assertion fails in a test case
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:08:39 GMT 2024