Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Using custom BIRT libraries in plugins(Using custom BIRT libraries in plugins)
Using custom BIRT libraries in plugins [message #1691504] Tue, 07 April 2015 16:32 Go to next message
CG Mising name is currently offline CG Mising nameFriend
(Apologies if this has been asked and answered already - I couldn't find anything.)

Using Eclipse 4.4:

My team develops Eclipse RCP products that include BIRT reports. I'm researching using rptlibraries to provide common report functionality (e.g. company header, footer) for each product to include within their app-specific reports.

I developed a test report using a rptlibrary that was located in the same folder, and everything looked good. I then tried to move the rptlibrary into its own plugin so that the various products could access it (i.e. by specifying the plugin in their dependencies) without being able to modify it. But after moving and bundling the rptlibrary within a separate plugin, my test report cannot find it and displays an error message.

Is this even possible? I've experimented with a variety of settings have the report "see" the library with no luck.

Thanks for any advice on this.
Re: Using custom BIRT libraries in plugins [message #1691518 is a reply to message #1691504] Tue, 07 April 2015 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Sheets is currently offline Jerry SheetsFriend
I keep mine in the Resource folder

index.php/fa/21469/0/
Re: Using custom BIRT libraries in plugins [message #1691604 is a reply to message #1691518] Wed, 08 April 2015 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the response. Surely I can place the rptlibrary in some common location -- such as a designated folder on my local drive (for my own use) or a network folder (for team use) -- that all products can point to when displaying BIRT reports. But this has some issues, not the least of which being how to package and deploy these products to an offsite customer, for example.

What I'm really asking is this: is it possible to include a .rptlibrary in one Eclipse plugin so that a .rptdesign file in a DIFFERENT Eclipse plugin can "see" and successfully access it? My attempts to get this to work keep failing: upon product execution, the .rptdesign file displays nothing. During design within the Report Perspective in Eclipse, I get an error message saying that the .rptdesign file is corrupt. Opening the XML view shows red Xs, and hovering over the first one explains that it cannot find the .rptlibrary that has been specified.
Re: Using custom BIRT libraries in plugins [message #1691611 is a reply to message #1691604] Wed, 08 April 2015 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Al Koch is currently offline Al KochFriend
Hi CG,

I too had a problem locating a library. I learned that the report will record an absolute path (you can see in the XML). You might want to look at my incident @ https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1044374/ because it might offer a clue. Good luck.

Al
Re: Using custom BIRT libraries in plugins [message #1691628 is a reply to message #1691611] Wed, 08 April 2015 15:14 Go to previous message
Thanks. But again, your issue involves issues using a .rptlibrary placed in some folder hierarchy. I'm talking about the possibility of using a .rptlibrary bundled within an Eclipse plugin (i.e. contained within a .jar file). This may not even be possible, but I thought I'd ask.
Previous Topic:Read the TOC is not possible
Next Topic:Line Plot -Draw Market different Y Axis values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 14:42:35 GMT 2024