Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Compare versions of a file before merging(How to see the changes in a file side by side)
Compare versions of a file before merging [message #1691385] Mon, 06 April 2015 21:01 Go to next message
Fábio Silva is currently offline Fábio SilvaFriend
I'm developing a git comparison tool integrated with another one developed by the company I work. I want to do pretty much what "team -> merge tool" does in Eclipse, i.e. comparing my last commit with the incoming one. I took a look at the EGit code but it's very complex for what I need.
In svn it's pretty easy because it creates two files (the old and the new versions), but in git it's necessary to get the information somewhere.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 April 2015 21:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Compare versions of a file before merging [message #1691659 is a reply to message #1691385] Wed, 08 April 2015 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fábio Silva is currently offline Fábio SilvaFriend
Ok, it seems working if a use FETCH_HEAD as my remote change without forcing a new fetch. I achieved the "two side" merger. My merge tool only accepts that the user update their current version applying the new changes. But then, how do I say "my file is merged"?
Re: Compare versions of a file before merging [message #1691889 is a reply to message #1691659] Fri, 10 April 2015 10:18 Go to previous message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian HalstrickFriend
In git you typically tell that "my file is merged" by adding new content to the index. JGits AddCommand helps you.

Ciao
Chris
Previous Topic:Egit shows differences that don't exist
Next Topic:Import function: Git option not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 12:21:56 GMT 2024