Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » "create remote" repository ?
"create remote" repository ? [message #1691279] Sat, 04 April 2015 12:42 Go to next message
Robert White is currently offline Robert WhiteFriend
I set up my own ssh server, everything works fine. I can "git init --bare test" on my server, import git in eclipse and push/pull.

But I have to connect to my server every time. Can I use Eclipse to do the init stuff for me ? I want it to create a new repo on my server, not doing in manually all the time...
Re: "create remote" repository ? [message #1691288 is a reply to message #1691279] Sat, 04 April 2015 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Is git itself able to work that way?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: "create remote" repository ? [message #1691292 is a reply to message #1691288] Sat, 04 April 2015 19:26 Go to previous message
Robert White is currently offline Robert WhiteFriend
? Eclipse needs to log in and execute "git init --bare", server permissions are set for the account used and everything works.

If I try to create a new remote repo from Eclipse, it fails, telling me "git config core.sharedRepository" and no files/folders are created on server.
It demands an already set up repo (import/clone works!) but I want it to create a new one from scratch, without me loging in by hand.

Local repo -> push to server as new repo.
Can Eclipse do that?

[Updated on: Sat, 04 April 2015 19:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:My Android device used as a IR remote control
Next Topic:Crash And Burn on Hello World Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:31:54 GMT 2024