Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Failed to connect remote VM. Connection timed out(Failed to connect remote VM. Connection timed out)
Failed to connect remote VM. Connection timed out [message #1691060] Thu, 02 April 2015 04:42 Go to next message
Phani Vasabattula is currently offline Phani VasabattulaFriend
Hi All,

I am using Eclipse Helios SDK to enhance java user exits in SAP. I did setup Debug Configurations -> Remote Java Applications with values:

Project - MyProject
Connection type - Standard (Socket Attach)
Host: IP address of the SAP server
Port: 8005

When I click on DEBUG button on the bottom, I get an error message after a while saying "Failed to connect remote VM. Connection timed out".

I guess, eclipse Helios is not able to establish connection to the remote SAP server. My question is, is there any tool something like DOS command PING in eclipse, to test the connectivity? Will appreciate your valuable suggestions. Thanks...

Re: Failed to connect remote VM. Connection timed out [message #1691167 is a reply to message #1691060] Thu, 02 April 2015 17:59 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Not really an Eclipse question, but the command line netcat ("nc") tool can be used for that, or even telnet itself just to see if a port is reachable. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a firewalling issue involved.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Workback Scheduling Tool
Next Topic:J2C plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:42:26 GMT 2024