Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy(Broken Test actions after making a copy by Test-Save As)
Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690146] Wed, 25 March 2015 13:29 Go to next message
Jurjen Hofstra is currently offline Jurjen HofstraFriend
Hello peoples,

In my project I have a 'middleclick' test action wich is used in many test actions. This 'middleclick' clicks in the middle of a table column.

But now I make a copy of this Jubula Project. This 'middleclick' action is perfectly copied, but many actions using this 'middleclick' action are broken. I have to add the 'middleclick' action again.

What am i doing wrong and what can i doe to prevent this in the future?

I added a screenshot which shows de copied 'middleclick' action and a broken test action: Only the Test Case Reference Name is left, the middleclick action is missing.

many thanks in advance,

kind regards,

Jurjen
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690256 is a reply to message #1690146] Thu, 26 March 2015 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Jurjen,

Can you provide the two projects and any dependent projects (unbound modules etc) as a zip file on a ticket? That will help us to look at the problem.
Can you also specify in the ticket which Jubula version you are using?

Thanks
Alex
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690300 is a reply to message #1690256] Thu, 26 March 2015 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

i am using the latest version, jubula 8.1

Trimergo T2H_SP1_1.0.xml is the original project.

Trimergo T2H_SP2_1.0_Trimergo T2H_SP2.xml is the copy i made.

i already made a number of fixes in SP2 (i regret, took me 3 hours...)

hope you can see what's wrong and maybe solve it.

many thanks!

kind regards,

Jurjen
  • Attachment: projects.7z
    (Size: 1.92MB, Downloaded 104 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 26 March 2015 13:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690427 is a reply to message #1690300] Fri, 27 March 2015 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jurjen,

Can you add the following information?

- Did the error occur straight after "copying" or did it occur after changes?
- Can you reproduce the problem by copying the original project again and seeing if it occurs again? (And check the logs)
- What method are you using to copy the project? Save as or create new version?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690442 is a reply to message #1690427] Fri, 27 March 2015 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah sorry, you mentioned in your title that it's save as.
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690443 is a reply to message #1690442] Fri, 27 March 2015 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I tried saving the Trimergo T2H_SP1_1.0.xml as a new project under the name "version 2" and could not reproduce the error. Can you see if you can reproduce it?
Best regards,
Alex
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690652 is a reply to message #1690443] Mon, 30 March 2015 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I just created again a copy of SP1 by Menu - Test - Save As, and the result is the same. A Jubula project with missing actions.
Thus, the error occured straight after creating the copy.
Before creating the copy, I cleaned the logs in the workspace directory on the Jubula server. But after the copy there are still nog logs there. My local workspace directory also does not report something since the copy.
Where can i find more logs?

the Jubula server runs windows 7 prof 64 bit and also does my local machine.
i also run the latest version of the Oracle database, 11g2.
i hope you have enough info. if not let me know.

should i post the newly created copy again?

very much thanks for your help so far!

kind regards, Jurjen
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690657 is a reply to message #1690652] Mon, 30 March 2015 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jurjen,

Thanks for trying it again. The logs are all in your home directory (in home/.jubula/logs). Maybe there is something there?

Did you use the same name as before? How are you entering the name in the "save as" dialog?

Are you using 8.1.0 or 8.1.1?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690784 is a reply to message #1690657] Tue, 31 March 2015 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I am using Jubula 8.1.00294
This is the version i found on the http://testing.bredex.de/sw-doku-downloads.html site.
i chose Menu - Test - Save As: there i filled in the following
New Project name: Trimergo T2H_SP2
in Project version string i also filled in Trimergo T2H_SP2
i'm not sure what this is, the Project version string.

today i will try it again

thanks again for your time,

kind regards, Jurjen

[Updated on: Tue, 31 March 2015 10:53]

Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690798 is a reply to message #1690784] Tue, 31 March 2015 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there,

The new version information was added in 8.1. It lets you create versions as you use them for other projects. It's documented under the chapter on projects and versioning.

I don't know whether it could be related, but see what happens if you don't also fill in the project version string as well.

let me know your results and if you have any logs.

Thanks!
Alex
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690804 is a reply to message #1690798] Tue, 31 March 2015 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I now let the Project version string empty, but i have the same result. So this is clearly not related.
After i created the copy i can't find no logs at all. i checked my local home\.jubula\logs and the home\.jubula\logs on the Jubula server.
Even the oracle log i found at C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\log\ does not give a single line of logging today...
Should'nt i be able to find some logging of the copying action?

in the problems view i found some errors and warnings, i attached it.

Many thanks,
kind regards, Jurjen

[Updated on: Tue, 31 March 2015 12:24]

Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1690811 is a reply to message #1690804] Tue, 31 March 2015 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jurjen,

Thank you for checking. The errors for the problems view are the errors that occur when a reused project is missing (i.e. you have opened a project in a database that has missing reused projects). There may be something I'm forgetting to ask that would totally solve this, but I don't know what it is.

So, could you please file a ticket here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Jubula

And add all the information we've discussed here as well as both projects and the problems view warnings to it?

We'll take a look at it in the upcoming weeks. If that sounds like too long to wait, then contact us via the testing portal (testing.bredex.de) to ask about professional support which would mean that we'd look at it more quickly.

Thanks for all your comments and help so far - I'll see the ticket when you put it in.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1691089 is a reply to message #1690811] Thu, 02 April 2015 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oke, thanks so far Alex, i created the ticket.

today i will try to create the sp2 copy to import an export of SP1, which i renamed/modified to SP2.

kind regards, Jurjen

[Updated on: Thu, 02 April 2015 09:26]

Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1691106 is a reply to message #1691089] Thu, 02 April 2015 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Jurjen. I saw the ticket and commented on it.

Crosslink to the ticket:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=463766
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1691572 is a reply to message #1691106] Wed, 08 April 2015 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex, Oliver,

My problem seems to be solved!

In fact i did the same as you did:
First i did an Export All
Then i deleted the two projects (SP1 and SP2) (now i had the same situation as you have)
Then i imported SP1 again
Then i did Save As SP2

Thus, i needed a fresh import to be abled to do a Save As without problems.
Anyway, my problem is solved!

Many thanks for the effort!

Kind regards, Jurjen
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1691584 is a reply to message #1691572] Wed, 08 April 2015 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
So I guess the ticket can be resolved? Smile
Re: Menu Test-Save As does not create a complete copy [message #1691592 is a reply to message #1691584] Wed, 08 April 2015 11:26 Go to previous message
Yes, i saw you already did.

Thanks again!

Jurjen
Previous Topic:Easter time
Next Topic:JAVAGIT plugins isn't recognized
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:19:29 GMT 2024