Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Switch AUT during test execution(Switch AUT during test execution)
Switch AUT during test execution [message #1690102] Wed, 25 March 2015 09:23 Go to next message
Vferth Wu is currently offline Vferth WuFriend
Hi Guys,

I have a AUT that needs logon at splash and with different users logon, there will be different functions on AUT. Some of my test cases need logon with user A at first and then switch to user B to go on the remaining steps. So here is the problem, when AUT starting at splash, RCPTT can't do any operations, cause RCPTT knows the application is not started completely. This means I can't use RCPTT input username and password at splash. Without input username and password operations, it is not possible to switch between different users. Do you have any ideas about this problem?

Thanks
Vferth
Re: Switch AUT during test execution [message #1690380 is a reply to message #1690102] Fri, 27 March 2015 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!
In RCPTT AUT is considered as launched only after splash.
Is it possible to pass login and password as AUT arguments or as java system properties by VM arguments?

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: Switch AUT during test execution [message #1703420 is a reply to message #1690380] Fri, 31 July 2015 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois Le Fevre is currently offline Francois Le FevreFriend
Could you give an example
<args><arg>-Dmypassword=RRR</arg></args>
seems not to work for me...
Re: Switch AUT during test execution [message #1709554 is a reply to message #1703420] Tue, 29 September 2015 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi Francois,

Could you please try the following way:

<args>
<arg>-Dmypassword</arg>
<arg>RRR</arg>
</args>

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Re: Switch AUT during test execution [message #1709564 is a reply to message #1709554] Tue, 29 September 2015 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelo Luciani is currently offline Angelo LucianiFriend

It is interesting.
Where we need to insert the xml portion of code ?
In the portion of code you attached I see only the password, what's about the user ?
Thanks in advance.

"Ce sont les petits désirs qui rendent un jeune homme hardi."
Giovanni Giacomo Casanova
Re: Switch AUT during test execution [message #1709565 is a reply to message #1709564] Tue, 29 September 2015 10:24 Go to previous message
Ulyana Skorokhodova is currently offline Ulyana SkorokhodovaFriend
Hi Angelo,

The idea is that you should programmatically change your AUT to be able to accept an argument to dismiss a login window.

Kind regards,
Ulyana.
Previous Topic:RCPTT Maven Test Runner failing
Next Topic:Can't save screenshots in HTML report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 07:39:39 GMT 2024