Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » how to make sure eclipse load the velocity bundled with my jar(eclipse plugin and jar loaded with it)
how to make sure eclipse load the velocity bundled with my jar [message #1688560] Sat, 21 March 2015 01:56 Go to next message
Krishnaveni S is currently offline Krishnaveni SFriend
I have an eclipse plugin, i use velocity 1.7, which is bundled along with the plugin. When i install the plugin in eclipse and run it, i get the below exception from velocity engine.

The specified class for ResourceManager (org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl) does n
ot implement org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManager; Velocity is not initialized correctly.
org.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException: The specified class for ResourceManager (org.apache.velocity.runtime.re
source.ResourceManagerImpl) does not implement org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManager; Velocity is not ini
tialized correctly.
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeResourceManager(RuntimeInstance.java:725)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:263)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:646)
at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.init(VelocityEngine.java:116)

I m trying this with Luna eclipse, jre 1.6

Could it be that some other velocity engine is used instead of the one bundled with the plugin
or
something wrong in the way i m calling velocity (the same code works fine with other eclipse..kepler/june etc)

please suggest some way to make eclipse use the velocity bundled with my plugin only.
Re: how to make sure eclipse load the velocity bundled with my jar [message #1689388 is a reply to message #1688560] Mon, 23 March 2015 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaj Kandler is currently offline Kaj KandlerFriend

Hi Krishnaveni,
from the looks of it I'd expect that there is another (version of) Velocity in play here, being loaded by some other classloader.

Can you describe how exactly you are "bundling" the velocity? Do you use a target platform? do you declare it there? Do you build your plugin with Tycho, or export it from the Eclipse app?

Where does the velocity jar and depedencies come from? A lib folder, maven artifacts, p2 repo, ...?

Re: how to make sure eclipse load the velocity bundled with my jar [message #1690243 is a reply to message #1689388] Thu, 26 March 2015 03:07 Go to previous message
Krishnaveni S is currently offline Krishnaveni SFriend
We are building the plugin via eclipse.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 March 2015 03:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Create nested/optional features
Next Topic:Updating tableview from non-UI thread
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 07:57:11 GMT 2024