Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » basicfamily.sample project in the tutorial
basicfamily.sample project in the tutorial [message #1684362] Wed, 18 March 2015 11:49 Go to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1771
Registered: July 2009
Location: Firenze, Italy
Senior Member
Hi

I've just started using Sirius, and I'm following the tutorial.
I noted that if the basicfamily.sample project (the one where you copy
example.basicfamily) is not created physically in the workspace then
Sirius does not expand the example.basicfamily in the Model explorer and
you can't even select any viewpoint (in the Viewpoint Selection).

Is that intentional?

thanks in advance
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book


Re: basicfamily.sample project in the tutorial [message #1688221 is a reply to message #1684362] Fri, 20 March 2015 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Messages: 500
Registered: July 2009
Location: Nantes, France
Senior Member
Hi Lorenzo,

Le 18/03/2015 12:49, Lorenzo Bettini a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I've just started using Sirius, and I'm following the tutorial.
> I noted that if the basicfamily.sample project (the one where you copy
> example.basicfamily) is not created physically in the workspace then
> Sirius does not expand the example.basicfamily in the Model explorer and
> you can't even select any viewpoint (in the Viewpoint Selection).
>
> Is that intentional?

I have just tested and it seems to work for me. From the Sirius/Modeling
perspective I have created a new Modeling Project and selected another
location than the workspace. I have copied the sample project in it and
was then able to select a Viewpoint and play with the sample.

Do you have the basic family plugins installed ?
Did you open the Sirius or Modeling perspectives ? Is the Model Explorer
view open ?

>
> thanks in advance
> Lorenzo
>

Regards

--
Maxime - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius


Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: basicfamily.sample project in the tutorial [message #1688472 is a reply to message #1688221] Fri, 20 March 2015 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1771
Registered: July 2009
Location: Firenze, Italy
Senior Member
On 20/03/2015 11:35, Maxime Porhel wrote:
> Hi Lorenzo,
>

Hi Maxime

> Le 18/03/2015 12:49, Lorenzo Bettini a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> I've just started using Sirius, and I'm following the tutorial.
>> I noted that if the basicfamily.sample project (the one where you copy
>> example.basicfamily) is not created physically in the workspace then
>> Sirius does not expand the example.basicfamily in the Model explorer and
>> you can't even select any viewpoint (in the Viewpoint Selection).
>>
>> Is that intentional?
>
> I have just tested and it seems to work for me. From the Sirius/Modeling
> perspective I have created a new Modeling Project and selected another
> location than the workspace. I have copied the sample project in it and
> was then able to select a Viewpoint and play with the sample.
>
> Do you have the basic family plugins installed ?
> Did you open the Sirius or Modeling perspectives ? Is the Model Explorer
> view open ?

Yes, to all of the above: summarizing:

- I import the basicfamily projects in the development workspace
- run another instance of Eclipse
- in the running instance I create a Modeling project in another location
- I copy the sample file (you say project, but I guess you mean
..basicfamily file)
- select the Sirius perspective
- I'm unable to expand the basicfamily file from the project (which I
seem to understand means Sirius does not recognize it) and can't select
the Viewpoint (while I'm able to open the file with EMF basicfamily tree
editor)

If I create the project in the workspace (physically) everything works...

As an additional information: I'm using Linux

cheers
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book


Re: basicfamily.sample project in the tutorial [message #1689293 is a reply to message #1688472] Mon, 23 March 2015 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Messages: 500
Registered: July 2009
Location: Nantes, France
Senior Member
Hi Lorenzo,

Could you try doing all the steps after the activation of the Sirius,
Modeling or Resource perspective ?

I think that the problem you encounter might comes from non detected
file paste/drop done in the package explorer.

Could you open a bug [1] ?

Regards

Maxime

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sirius

Le 20/03/2015 20:36, Lorenzo Bettini a écrit :
> On 20/03/2015 11:35, Maxime Porhel wrote:
>> Hi Lorenzo,
>>
>
> Hi Maxime
>
>> Le 18/03/2015 12:49, Lorenzo Bettini a écrit :
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I've just started using Sirius, and I'm following the tutorial.
>>> I noted that if the basicfamily.sample project (the one where you copy
>>> example.basicfamily) is not created physically in the workspace then
>>> Sirius does not expand the example.basicfamily in the Model explorer and
>>> you can't even select any viewpoint (in the Viewpoint Selection).
>>>
>>> Is that intentional?
>>
>> I have just tested and it seems to work for me. From the Sirius/Modeling
>> perspective I have created a new Modeling Project and selected another
>> location than the workspace. I have copied the sample project in it and
>> was then able to select a Viewpoint and play with the sample.
>>
>> Do you have the basic family plugins installed ?
>> Did you open the Sirius or Modeling perspectives ? Is the Model Explorer
>> view open ?
>
> Yes, to all of the above: summarizing:
>
> - I import the basicfamily projects in the development workspace
> - run another instance of Eclipse
> - in the running instance I create a Modeling project in another location
> - I copy the sample file (you say project, but I guess you mean
> .basicfamily file)
> - select the Sirius perspective
> - I'm unable to expand the basicfamily file from the project (which I
> seem to understand means Sirius does not recognize it) and can't select
> the Viewpoint (while I'm able to open the file with EMF basicfamily tree
> editor)
>
> If I create the project in the workspace (physically) everything works...
>
> As an additional information: I'm using Linux
>
> cheers
> Lorenzo
>


--
Maxime - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius


Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: basicfamily.sample project in the tutorial [message #1689771 is a reply to message #1689293] Tue, 24 March 2015 09:26 Go to previous message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Messages: 1771
Registered: July 2009
Location: Firenze, Italy
Senior Member
On 23/03/2015 09:22, Maxime Porhel wrote:
> Hi Lorenzo,
>
> Could you try doing all the steps after the activation of the Sirius,
> Modeling or Resource perspective ?
>
> I think that the problem you encounter might comes from non detected
> file paste/drop done in the package explorer.
>
> Could you open a bug [1] ?
>
> Regards
>
> Maxime
>
> [1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sirius

Hi

before filing the bug, I'd like to do some more experiments: I'm
experiencing the same behavior also on projects created physically in
the workspace. If I re-run the Eclipse runtime instance I get the same
symptoms on such projects... closing and re-opening the projects makes
the problem go away... I'd like to verify whether that's simply a
problem with my workspace.

cheers
Lorenzo


--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book


Previous Topic:Petri-Net Editor Edge Constraints
Next Topic:Error when trying to open design representation diagram
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Jan 19 06:48:23 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01935 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top