Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc(Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc)
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc [message #1683946] Wed, 18 March 2015 08:10 Go to next message
Maksood Ahmed is currently offline Maksood AhmedFriend
Hi All,

I have created a sample report and it is working fine in my local but when i deploy this in my test environment i am getting

org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc. org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server..

Please help me on this.

Thank You

Best Regards,
Mak
Re: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc [message #1687553 is a reply to message #1683946] Thu, 19 March 2015 17:57 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What db are you using? Are you using connection profiles?

From a Google search I would guess you're using MySQL. There seems to be several different things that have helped people solve this issue. Here is a stackoverflow thread that discusses this error:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6865538/solving-a-communications-link-failure-with-jdbc-and-mysql

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Adding column mappings using the Birt Engine API ?
Next Topic:No data in the report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:09:09 GMT 2024