Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Application icons no longer used in SWT client
Application icons no longer used in SWT client [message #1681117] Tue, 17 March 2015 07:16 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
In our SWT client product file, we define application icons

<windowImages i16="/ch.sbb.cisi.angebot.scout.client.ui.swt/resources/icons/Ora16.png" i32="/ch.sbb.cisi.angebot.scout.client.ui.swt/resources/icons/Ora32.png" i48="/ch.sbb.cisi.angebot.scout.client.ui.swt/resources/icons/Ora48.png" i64="/ch.sbb.cisi.angebot.scout.client.ui.swt/resources/icons/Ora64.png" i128="/ch.sbb.cisi.angebot.scout.client.ui.swt/resources/icons/Ora128.png"/>

We also have the corresponding PNG files in the resource/icons directory of the swt project.

Up until a few days ago this lead to these icons being used in the following places:

• Taskbar
  • Alt-Tab preview
  • Top left corner of main window and login window

Since a few days, these icons are no longer shown. I am not totally sure (as I didn't notice right away) but I suspect that this coincides with our switch from Scout Luna SR1 to SR2.

Has something changed in this regard with SR2?

What would you propose to debug this?
Re: Application icons no longer used in SWT client [message #1681994 is a reply to message #1681117] Tue, 17 March 2015 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hello there,

I encountered something similar. I added a few AbstractFormToolButton's to the Desktop and assigned each an icon. But when starting the RAP client they are not shown.

Any thoughts on this?

Peter
Re: Application icons no longer used in SWT client [message #1684119 is a reply to message #1681117] Wed, 18 March 2015 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi Urs,

I just tried it with Luna SR2 and I am not able to reproduce your problem. The Icons defined in my product are used:

index.php/fa/21226/0/

<windowImages i16="/sandbox.ui.swt/resources/icons/icon16.png" i32="/sandbox.ui.swt/resources/icons/icon32.png" i48="/sandbox.ui.swt/resources/icons/icon48.png" i64="/sandbox.ui.swt/resources/icons/icon64.png" i128="/sandbox.ui.swt/resources/icons/icon128.png"/>

This is not a Scout Feature at all but a "Eclipse RCP" or "PDE" Feature. Nobody is complaining about some broken Feature after a Luna Update.

(Icon source)
Re: Application icons no longer used in SWT client [message #1684201 is a reply to message #1684119] Wed, 18 March 2015 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jérémie

Thanks for your feedback, in that case we'll debug if something's changed on our side...
Re: Application icons no longer used in SWT client [message #1684221 is a reply to message #1684201] Wed, 18 March 2015 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hi Jeremie,

I'm working on the Mars release.

Peter
Re: Application icons no longer used in SWT client [message #1687342 is a reply to message #1684221] Thu, 19 March 2015 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been able to fix the problem by doing a "synchronise" and "launch" on the SWT client product. After this, the icons were back. I noticed that this caused the following information to be written into the SWT client's plugin.xml under the org.eclipse.core.runtime.products extension point:

<property
             name="windowImages"
             value="resources/icons/Ora16.png,resources/icons/Ora32.png,resources/icons/Ora48.png,resources/icons/Ora64.png,resources/icons/Ora128.png">
       </property>
       <property
             name="startupForegroundColor"
             value="FF8080">
       </property>
       <property
             name="startupMessageRect"
             value="15,275,280,20">
       </property>
       <property
             name="startupProgressRect"
             value="15,300,280,10">
       </property>

This information (which comes form the product file) didn't used to be written to the plugin.xml but now it is. I guess this is a change in Eclipse itself, which was introduced with SR2 (and our update to Scout Luna SR2 of course included the update of Eclipse to Luna SR2).
Re: Application icons no longer used in SWT client [message #1687680 is a reply to message #1687342] Thu, 19 March 2015 19:03 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
@Urs:
Nice catch! Thank you for sharing. During my test yesterday, I did not notice this addition in the plugin.xml, but I observe this too (I had probably synchronized without noticing).

@Peter:
I have read your question and will try to answer it; probably in a separated thread, because your question isn't really related to this thread.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 April 2015 19:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Add and style custom UI elements
Next Topic:ERROR: Duplicate alias. Failed to register servlet for
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:17:35 GMT 2024