Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Report Deployment(Unable to create proper WAR file from Eclipse BIRT)
Report Deployment [message #1670239] Fri, 13 March 2015 05:48 Go to next message
kshirod mishra is currently offline kshirod mishraFriend
First of all., i would like to thanks to all the members of eclipse for extreme support.

Hi All,

My problem is :- I have created one report using ECLIPSE BIRT by creating one dynamic WEB PROJECT. After that i have tried to create a WAR file by right clicking on my project folder.After the creation of war file, i tried to cross check whether my WAR file contains all the folders, sub folders and report also. Bu there is no report file (.rptdesign exxtenxion )found inside my WAR file. Please help me how to sort it out. I have tried also to google but there is no proper answer i got .

My Objective is to create a WAR file from my BIRT Report and deploy it inside "Tomcat Web Application Manager", so that i will click on my application tomcat should able to render my report in web browser. I need an urgent help for the same so that i will be grateful to you.Please help me how to proceed step by step.

Eclipse BIRT Version: 4.4.1
Tomcat: 7.0.55

Thanks & Regards:
kshirod Mishra
Re: Report Deployment [message #1678227 is a reply to message #1670239] Mon, 16 March 2015 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Team,

Please update for the above technical issue. I need an urgent help.
Re: Report Deployment [message #1687566 is a reply to message #1678227] Thu, 19 March 2015 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Did you download the BIRT Runtime and grab the birt.war file or the WebViewerExample (extracted war file)? You'd deploy this to your Tomcat or JBoss or whatever app server you're using (and restart your app server). From there, you'd deploy your reports to the birt app in your application server so you could execute them. Let me know.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Report Deployment [message #1688114 is a reply to message #1687566] Fri, 20 March 2015 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Williams,

Thanks for your support , now it is working fine.

Thanks & Regards:
kshirod Mishra
Re: Report Deployment [message #1690060 is a reply to message #1688114] Tue, 24 March 2015 22:00 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Great to hear! Let us know whenever you have questions. Smile

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:BIRT 4.4.2 released?
Next Topic:Exporting Reports from Windows to Linux Environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:23:48 GMT 2024