Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Deploying Workflow Model Using Console Command
Deploying Workflow Model Using Console Command [message #1668551] Thu, 12 March 2015 14:42 Go to next message
Lea-Louisa Maass is currently offline Lea-Louisa MaassFriend
Hi,
I am trying to deploy a workflow model using the console command. I am using a Tomcat 7 Server and a Derby Database. After deploying the .war file (created with maven, Stardust-Version 2.1.1) I can log into the Stardust Portal.
Now I want to deploy a workflow model.
Currently I am trying to use the command

> console -user motu -password motu deploy -filename <filename>

but I'm not sure where the file is supposed to be and if the command needs an absolute filepath or only the filename.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Lea-Louisa
Re: Deploying Workflow Model Using Console Command [message #1668889 is a reply to message #1668551] Thu, 12 March 2015 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Hendrik Scheufen is currently offline Jan Hendrik ScheufenFriend

Hi,

the path to the model file is typically relative to the folder from where you're executing the command. But I think an absolute path should work as well.

Since you can log in to the portal, have you considered deploying it from there?

Go to the "Administration" perspective (top left drop down) and then to the "Model Management" View (in the left navigation menu). You'll find a "Deploy" option there.

Regards,

Jan
Re: Deploying Workflow Model Using Console Command [message #1670649 is a reply to message #1668889] Fri, 13 March 2015 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lea-Louisa Maass is currently offline Lea-Louisa MaassFriend
Hi,
deploying the model in the portal works fine, but since I am trying to set up the engine and deploy models automatically, I need to use the console command.

When putting the .xpdl-File in the same folder as the one where I start the command from, I get a NullPointerException:

2015-03-13 08:28:11,115 INFO  [main] () log.extensions - Initializing static extensions resolver
2015-03-13 08:28:11,116 INFO  [main] () log.extensions - Initializing Service Provider extensions resolver
2015-03-13 08:28:11,116 INFO  [main] () log.extensions - Using extensions manager: org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.runtime.beans.PartitionAwareExtensionsManager@368239c8
2015-03-13 08:28:11,720 WARN  [main] () log.LogUtils - 
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.stardust.common.config.Version.compareTo(Version.java:173)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.common.config.Version.compareTo(Version.java:159)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.common.config.Version.compareTo(Version.java:28)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.common.CompareHelper.compare(CompareHelper.java:100)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.model.beans.ElementFactoryImpl.createModel(ElementFactoryImpl.java:1169)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.model.beans.DefaultXMLReader$InvocationManager.invoke(DefaultXMLReader.java:1792)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.createModel(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.model.beans.DefaultXMLReader.loadModel(DefaultXMLReader.java:613)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.model.xpdl.XpdlUtils.loadXpdlModel(XpdlUtils.java:629)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.model.xpdl.XpdlUtils.loadXpdlModel(XpdlUtils.java:598)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.console.DeployCommand$ModelFile.<init>(DeployCommand.java:536)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.console.DeployCommand.readModelsFromFile(DeployCommand.java:602)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.console.DeployCommand.run(DeployCommand.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.common.utils.console.DefaultConsoleProcessor.execute(DefaultConsoleProcessor.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.console.Main.run(Main.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.console.Main.main(Main.java:73)
2015-03-13 08:28:11,723 WARN  [main] () console.DefaultConsoleProcessor - Operation could not be performed: null
2015-03-13 08:28:11,723 WARN  [main] () console.DefaultConsoleProcessor - 
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.model.beans.DefaultXMLReader.loadModel(DefaultXMLReader.java:615)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.model.xpdl.XpdlUtils.loadXpdlModel(XpdlUtils.java:629)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.model.xpdl.XpdlUtils.loadXpdlModel(XpdlUtils.java:598)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.console.DeployCommand$ModelFile.<init>(DeployCommand.java:536)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.console.DeployCommand.readModelsFromFile(DeployCommand.java:602)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.console.DeployCommand.run(DeployCommand.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.common.utils.console.DefaultConsoleProcessor.execute(DefaultConsoleProcessor.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.console.Main.run(Main.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.stardust.engine.cli.console.Main.main(Main.java:73)

Do you have any idea where the problem is?

Best Regards,
Lea-Louisa
Re: Deploying Workflow Model Using Console Command [message #1695741 is a reply to message #1670649] Mon, 18 May 2015 20:17 Go to previous message
Simone Seurer is currently offline Simone SeurerFriend
Hi Lea-Louisa,

this stack means that you have a different version of artifact then the version that is deployed on the server.

I did a retest with a milestone build 3.0.0 with the following steps:
1. Eclipse setup with dynamic web project (described with the support-case tutorial)
2. downloaded archetype console-spring-client (same version of Stardust!)
3. copied carnot-spring-client.properties, carnot-spring-client.xml and carnot.properies from my dynamic web project to console/etc
4. copied derby db driver to console/lib

executed: console -u motu -p motu -v deploy -filename ACMEWorkflowModel.xpdl

Worked fine on console and in eclipse.

hope that helps!

Regards,
Simone
Previous Topic:Deployment Problem - Urgent help!
Next Topic:Other supported Java EE server(s) for Stardust ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:47:41 GMT 2024