Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Eclipse build errors
Eclipse build errors [message #1663868] Tue, 10 March 2015 16:33 Go to next message
Jishnu NairFriend
Dear Kura Members,
Using the Getting Started instructions I have successfully built the target platform and core components. But after Importing and building projects in Eclipse I am getting two Errors.

Error 1: Java Problem
The declared package "org.eclipse.kura.deployment.customizer.upgrade.rp" does not match the expected package "main.java.org.eclipse.kura.deployment.customizer.upgrade.rp" Activator.java /org.eclipse.kura.deployment.customizer.upgrade/src/main/java/org/eclipse/kura/deployment/customizer/upgrade/rp

Error 2: Maven Problems
Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find org.eclipse.kura:kura:pom:1.1.0 in repo.maven.apache.org was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM pom.xml /org.eclipse.kura.qa line 18 Maven pom Loading Problem

Any help would be appreciated...

Best Regards,
Jishnu Nair

Re: Eclipse build errors [message #1666982 is a reply to message #1663868] Wed, 11 March 2015 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello Jishnu,

My apologies for the late response. Two solve the second error, I would recommend removing the artifacts related to Kura from your local Maven repository (rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/kura). Then rerun the build commands:

mvn -f target-platform/pom.xml clean install
mvn -f kura/manifest_pom.xml clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
mvn -f kura/pom_pom.xml clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Pweb

If you continue to have problems, please post the output of the Maven build.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Eclipse build errors [message #1690152 is a reply to message #1666982] Wed, 25 March 2015 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jishnu NairFriend
Hallo Dave,
Thanks for your reply.
The error "Non-resolvable parent POM" was due to the wrong version in the child pom.
The error is gone after changing the version in pom.xml to
<version>1.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

Regards,
Jishnu Nair
Re: Eclipse build errors [message #1697726 is a reply to message #1690152] Sun, 07 June 2015 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shiv Maurya is currently offline Shiv MauryaFriend
I am also getting build errors for org.eclipse.kura.example.* packages after import. Similarly errors with .qa and .web packages. I am new to Kura and eclipse and hence wondering if anything wrong with my setup.
Re: Eclipse build errors [message #1697964 is a reply to message #1697726] Tue, 09 June 2015 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

You said you are getting build errors, but the logs appear to be from Eclipse. The most important thing when working with Kura source code is that the Maven build commands work correctly. If maven is building correctly, the project is likely okay. Generally the Eclipse errors are due to environment variables or pom files that shouldn't have been imported. For example, when importing the example projects, this is what should and should not be imported:

kura/examples/pom.xml ----> NO
kura/examples/org.eclipse.kura.demo.heater/pom.xml ----> YES
kura/examples/org.eclipse.kura.demo.modbus/pom.xml ----> YES
etc.

I hope this helps.

--Dave
Re: Eclipse build errors [message #1697980 is a reply to message #1697964] Wed, 10 June 2015 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shiv Maurya is currently offline Shiv MauryaFriend
Dave,
You are right. Command line build works fine. It's only issue with eclipse build. Since main project is imported correctly into Eclipse, I am not sure why the issue is there only for examples. do we need to make any changes to configuration within examples for proper import to eclipse?
-Shiv
Re: Eclipse build errors [message #1698073 is a reply to message #1697980] Wed, 10 June 2015 20:27 Go to previous message
Shiv,

The errors appear to be in the Bluetooth example. Can you right click on org.eclipse.kura.example.ble.tisensortag and select 'Properties'. Once their, Select 'Java Build Path', then select the 'Libraries' tab. Do you see an entry for 'Plug-in Dependencies'? If not:

Select 'Add Library...'
Select 'Plug-in Dependencies', then click 'Next >'
Click 'Finish'

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Connection Failure in frameworks
Next Topic:User Workspace Archive for Kura 1.2.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 12:06:44 GMT 2024