Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Transform the objects to be compared before the comparison operation(I would like to integrate EMF Compare features to Sirius)
Transform the objects to be compared before the comparison operation [message #1653710] Fri, 06 March 2015 10:53 Go to next message
Francois Cabrol is currently offline Francois CabrolFriend
Hi everyone,

I am currently developing an EMF model edition application heavily relying on Sirius. I would like to make object comparison available to users. I have noticed that when I include the EMF Compare features in my final product, new comparison commands become available in the contextual menus available from SIrius views (Compare Each Other <EObject> in Dialog and Compare Each Other <EObject> in Editor). To be frank, I have no clue of how these commands are contributed. Plus, this Sirius/EMF Compare integration does not seem to be officially supported by Sirius developers.

My problem is that the Comparison view displays differences between the graphical representations of objects (e.g Sirius tree items, Sirius table lines, themselves being instances of EObject) whereas I would need the differences between objects from my model (the semantic model).

So I am wondering if a pre-processing extension point exists in EMF Compare, which would enable me to provide an adapter converting Sirius graphical objects to semantic objects, so that the comparison is performed between the semantic objects directly.

Sorry in advance for my question, for I am new to EMF Compare and I have not browsed the documentation in depth.

Thanks in advance for your help,

François

[Updated on: Mon, 09 March 2015 15:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Transform the objects to be compared before the comparison operation [message #1693650 is a reply to message #1653710] Mon, 27 April 2015 09:33 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi François,

There is no such extension point, and the two "compare with ..." options you see are custom contributions of the EMF Compare project, with no relation to Team's "regular" contributions (the "compare with...." options on files). The are meant to act on the selected objects, which in your case are Sirius/GMF edit parts.

You could however contribute the same kind of action but coerce the graphical views down to their semantic element in your custom actions. You could look at how org.eclipse.emf.compare.ide.ui.internal.handler.CompareInDialog and org.eclipse.emf.compare.ide.ui.internal.handler.CompareInNewEditor are contributed and do something similar.
Previous Topic:[EMF Compare] Equality Helper not used in match phase
Next Topic:OSGI dependency issue in EMF compare releases
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:34:16 GMT 2024