Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Vex » Vex generates line break in the middle of DocBook verbatim environments(DocBook, verbatim environment)
Vex generates line break in the middle of DocBook verbatim environments [message #1653120] Fri, 06 March 2015 04:56 Go to next message
Chuanhua Chang is currently offline Chuanhua ChangFriend
I created a DocBook xml file with Vex. In the xml file, I had a line of text wrapped in <literallayout> or <programlisting> tags. The line of text is not too long, compared with the "line width" setup in the Vex preference page. After processing the file through xsltproc to produce a HTML file, I found that the line of text is broken into two lines.

Then I realized that in order to reformat the xml file, Vex added line breaks in the middle of my line of text surrounded by the docbook verbatim tags.

I have attached a xml file with this problem. The Vex line width is set to 80.

I think if a line with such a verbatim tag is longer than the line width, Vex can add line breaks before the verbatim tags, not in the middle of it.

Is there a way to tell Vex not to add line breaks in the middle of such verbatim tags in a docbook xml file?
Re: Vex generates line break in the middle of DocBook verbatim environments [message #1658752 is a reply to message #1653120] Sun, 08 March 2015 13:50 Go to previous message
Florian Thienel is currently offline Florian ThienelFriend
Hi!

There seems to be a bug in the DocumentWriter class for nested verbatim elements. Could you please create a bug in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs and attach you example document, then we can have a deeper look.

It seems to be related to bug 407828.

Best Regards,

Florian
Previous Topic:Problem with the batik bundles
Next Topic:S1000D formats
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:38:16 GMT 2024