Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » How to extend a EventDefinition ?
icon5.gif  How to extend a EventDefinition ? [message #1650265] Wed, 04 March 2015 18:56 Go to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
Hi,

can anybody explain me how to extend a EventDefinition? What I want to achieve is a customEventDevinition similar to the CustomTask example. I want to use the 'TaskConfig' model extension to define my custom property tab also for my own custom EventDefinition.

The Example in the lunar branch (https://github.com/eclipse/bpmn2-modeler) seems to try something like that. But to me it looks as this example with the 'MyEventDefinition' did not work correctly. Beside the additional icon of the MyEventDefinition this element has no custom behavior.

The MyBounderEvent example is working with a custom property tab. But my question is if this is also possible for a EventDefinition which would better fit my needs for my usecase.

Thanks for any kind of help

===
Ralph
Re: How to extend a EventDefinition ? [message #1658272 is a reply to message #1650265] Sun, 08 March 2015 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
I solved this problem. I decided to extend the IntermediateCatchEvent instead of the EventDefinition. This fits my needs perfect.
I understand that the EventDefinition is just a visual extension and not used to extend the properties of the event element.

===
Ralph
Re: How to extend a EventDefinition ? [message #1662279 is a reply to message #1658272] Tue, 10 March 2015 00:51 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

The "MyEventDefinition" type specializes the BPMN2 "EventDefinition" and adds a String attribute called "value". This does indeed appear in the details panel "My Event Definition Details" when you add one of these to an Event:

http://content.screencast.com/users/BobBrodt/folders/Jing/media/f7bf54ab-c839-43fc-ac21-f3db74b0e14a/2015-03-09_1850.png

Let me know if this isn't working for you...
Previous Topic:Latest BPMN2 modeler not working for JBPM
Next Topic:Process level ioSpecification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:58:40 GMT 2024