Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Specifying work products that appear in Work Product Breakdown(I would like to have only those work products specific to a phase appear in the Work Product Breakdown for that phase.)
icon5.gif  Specifying work products that appear in Work Product Breakdown [message #1648220] Tue, 03 March 2015 20:41 Go to next message
Tasha Holland is currently offline Tasha HollandFriend
I would like to have only those work products specific to a phase appear in the Work Product Breakdown for that phase but instead every phase shows all work products. I am able to associate specific tasks to a phase in the Activity Diagram and work products associated with tasks assigned to those specific phases do note whether they are mandatory/optional according to the categorization assigned to that work product on that specific task (activity) but all of the work products in the entire database show up - which is not the intention and not helpful.

Is there a way to remove work products from a phase? I tried 'suppressing' a work product I did not want to appear and it did nothing. If i try to delete it from a phase it deletes the root content (which is not what I want either). Any help/guidance anyone can offer is much appreciated!
Re: Specifying work products that appear in Work Product Breakdown [message #1693274 is a reply to message #1648220] Wed, 22 April 2015 19:40 Go to previous message
Bruce MacIsaac is currently offline Bruce MacIsaacFriend
The behavior is not as described.
It's not all work products in the database that appear under the phase, but rather all work products used as input or output by any task anywhere in the phase.
I find that is a lot of noise, so I choose skins that don't display that information.
What tends to be more interesting to me is the "goal" or "interface" work products of a phase. I.e. It would be nice if the tool could be used to specify which work products come in at the start of a phase and are outputs of the phase.
On a milestone element (which can be placed at the end of a phase) you can specify the required results of the milestone. You may find that helpful.
If using RMC, you could use user-defined types to add a new relationships to a phase such as Phase inputs / Phase outputs.

Hope that helps,
Bruce
Previous Topic:EPF Composer Workproduct State Machine
Next Topic:Active Images
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 10:57:36 GMT 2024