Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Default value recomputed but not refreshed in UI on Linux
Default value recomputed but not refreshed in UI on Linux [message #1639384] Fri, 27 February 2015 16:09 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi folks,

I've found out that a value (re)computed by DefaultValueService is not refreshed immediately in Linux as it is in Windows - it seems like "lost focus" event of the affected property editor is required. Is there a way to change the behavior to be the same as it is in Windows?

A problem with the current behavior is that users might not see the up-to-date default value (which in my case depends on other data entered by user), thus are not able to decide whether to keep it or provide a non-default one.

Thanks in advance,

Ondrej

[Updated on: Fri, 27 February 2015 16:11] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Default value recomputed but not refreshed in UI on Linux [message #1639416 is a reply to message #1639384] Fri, 27 February 2015 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
It's possible that there is a difference in the way that paint events are issued on Windows and Linux. I don't have ready access to a Linux machine to investigate this right away. The relevant code is in TextOverlayPainter and TextFieldPropertyEditorPresentation classes. Could you take a look at how it behaves on Linux. Maybe we need to force a re-paint when the default value changes instead of relying on the system to trigger one.

Also, please open a bug to track this issue.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 February 2015 16:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Default value recomputed but not refreshed in UI on Linux [message #1644861 is a reply to message #1639416] Mon, 02 March 2015 07:52 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi, thanks, from what I understand you're right - we need to force repaint on GTK: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=461169
Previous Topic:Combining root-node style and normal property editors on one page
Next Topic:How to get UI part for a specific model element?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:39:41 GMT 2024