Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » ViewerServlet crashes when I deploy a report that uses a library(ViewerServlet crashes when I deploy a report that uses a library)
ViewerServlet crashes when I deploy a report that uses a library [message #1637699] Thu, 26 February 2015 21:18 Go to next message
Al Koch is currently offline Al KochFriend
Hello,

I can build a report that uses a library and successfully display it from Eclipse using Firefox as the browser. However, if I copy the report and library to the deployed birt.war (under Jboss 7) we crash with errors that follow. Here are the details.

- I have deleted both org.apache.xerces and org.apache.xml.serializer from the birt.war.
- Both the library and report reside in the same folder during design.
- The library has nothing other than a defined Data Source and the Master Page set to Landscape.
- The report has a simple text item on the Layout page.
- The report uses the library.
- I drag the library's Data Source onto the report's Layout page.
- I can view the report in Firefox from Eclipse with View report as HTML and it looks correct.
- I copy the library and report filesto the birt.war folder deployed under JBoss.
- I CAN view this from Firefox with a URL like http://IPaddressOfJBoss:JBossPort/RepSys/frameset?__report=TestWithLib.rptdesign.
- Now I return to Dsign and add a Text item to the library's Master Page header, add some text and save the changes.
- In the report I drag the library's Master Page folder onto the report's Layout Page. I now see the text item in the report's header area. I save the report.
- I can still view the report in Firefox from Eclipse with View report as HTML and I see the Library's new Master Page Header.
- I copy the library and report filesto the birt.war folder deployed under JBoss and replace the original files.
- Now when I try to view the report at http://IPaddressOfJBoss:JBossPort/RepSys/frameset?__report=TestWithLib.rptdesign I get the errors that follow.

It seems that adding the Text item to the library's header causes the problem.

Can anyone read this stack and determine what's wrong here?

18:34:24,232 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/RepSys].[ViewerServlet]] (http--0.0.0.0-28887-21) Servlet.service() for servlet ViewerServlet threw exception: java.lang.AssertionError
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.OverriddenValuesState.<init>(OverriddenValuesState.java:64) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ReportElementState.startElement(ReportElementState.java:788) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.SimpleMasterPageState.startElement(SimpleMasterPageState.java:69) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleParserHandler.startElement(ModuleParserHandler.java:260) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:496)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:827)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1653)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:324)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:845)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:768)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:108)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1196)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:555)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:289)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleReader.readModule(ModuleReader.java:98) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignReader.read(DesignReader.java:88) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.DesignSessionImpl.openDesign(DesignSessionImpl.java:309) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.SessionHandleImpl.openDesign(SessionHandleImpl.java:294) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.SessionHandle.openDesign(SessionHandle.java:1) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.ReportParser.getDesignHandle(ReportParser.java:158) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.getReportDesignHandle(ReportEngineHelper.java:255) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:274) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDesign(ReportEngine.java:616) [org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.4.1.v20140916-1320.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.openReportDesign(ReportEngineService.java:395) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.utility.BirtUtility.getRunnableFromDesignFile(BirtUtility.java:608) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.getDesignHandle(ViewerAttributeBean.java:644) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:224) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:230) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(ViewerAttributeBean.java:118) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(BaseContext.java:69) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(BirtContext.java:30) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:150) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doGet(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:151) [viewservlets.jar:]
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:734) [jboss-servlet-api_3.0_spec-1.0.0.Final.jar:1.0.0.Final]
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327) [axis.jar:]
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847) [jboss-servlet-api_3.0_spec-1.0.0.Final.jar:1.0.0.Final]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:329) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68) [viewservlets.jar:]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:280) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:275) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:161) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.jboss.as.web.security.SecurityContextAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityContextAssociationValve.java:153) [jboss-as-web-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:155) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:368) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:877) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:671) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:930) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_11]

Thank you for the help.
Re: ViewerServlet crashes when I deploy a report that uses a library [message #1652010 is a reply to message #1637699] Thu, 05 March 2015 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you attach a sample library and report that use the Classic Models sample database so I can run the report and test for myself? Thanks.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: ViewerServlet crashes when I deploy a report that uses a library [message #1652314 is a reply to message #1652010] Thu, 05 March 2015 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Here's some information. The test Library and Report that generate the error dump I provided have a Text element in the Library's Header that is placed in the Report's Header. That pair of files causes the crash. I just created a new Library and Report pair where in the Library I simply place a Text element on the Library's page and then I drag that onto the Report's Layout page. In this case, the Report runs without an error but I don't see the Text element from the Library on the Report. Since this is a simpler case I have attached those two files.

- The Library and Report are in the same folder in the Designer and I place them both in the deployed BIRT.war folder so that there have the same relative location when deployed.
- I am running BIRT under JBoss 7.
- I access the report with http://IPAddressOfJBoss:JBossPort/BIRT/frameset?__report=Rep1.rptdesign

Thank you.

Re: ViewerServlet crashes when I deploy a report that uses a library [message #1661622 is a reply to message #1637699] Mon, 09 March 2015 18:18 Go to previous message
Hi Michael,

Just a "bump" in case you missed my reply. I posted a simple test case that crashes the server.

Thank you.
Previous Topic:BIRT 4.4.2 OSGi on JBoss 6
Next Topic:BIRT in IRI Workbench with CoSort (for mashup)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:41:12 GMT 2024