Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Mark tests as nonrelevant by default
Mark tests as nonrelevant by default [message #1637108] Thu, 26 February 2015 14:45 Go to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
hi there,

since we use Jubula, we always used the relevant tag to distinguish if a test has been run on a local machine or on by the jenkins server.
So results from tests that were run on local machines are nonrelevant because they could be in development for example.
A test only run on Jenkins if its development had finished and it should be stable, so this results are relevant.

So in Jubula 8.1 i miss the preference to mark tests run from ITE never as relevant. Is there another way i can handle that now?

Sincerely Dominik
Re: Mark tests as nonrelevant by default [message #1637558 is a reply to message #1637108] Thu, 26 February 2015 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Dominik,

This is now a property of the test suite itself. We did it for exactly the reasons you mention - there are test suites that are run as "trying out" and ones that are run as productive test suites. You can change the relevance in the properties view for a test suite.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Mark tests as nonrelevant by default [message #1638736 is a reply to message #1637558] Fri, 27 February 2015 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
hi,

Thats really a problem for me, because every time when i wanna run a test localy, i have to change this property before now. it have to be true when tests run on jenkins and false when tests run from ite. now i have to switch it everytime. thats very inconvenient for us to use this result detail now.
I think its not the right way to set in on every test suite.

sincerely Dominik
Re: Mark tests as nonrelevant by default [message #1643353 is a reply to message #1638736] Sun, 01 March 2015 14:22 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Dominik,

Thanks for your comments. I think the answer in your case would be to create a WORK test suite that is set to non-relevant and contains the use cases that you want to execute. We recommend having a PRODUCTIVE test suite that is the actual relevant one for e.g. nightly runs, and e.g. WORK or INCUBATION test suites for trying things out (either locally or as a part of the CI). If you've got well-structured use cases it shouldn't be a problem to reuse them in another test suite.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:String problem with text replace
Next Topic:ub_tbl_replaceTextWithCellSpace returning Operation not supported by the selected toolkit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 10:36:01 GMT 2024