Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Unable to run BIRT Design in Java EE Eclipse
icon9.gif  Unable to run BIRT Design in Java EE Eclipse [message #1634228] Wed, 25 February 2015 06:52 Go to next message
Jazz Chan is currently offline Jazz ChanFriend
I've downloaded a zip file "eclipse-reporting-luna-SR1-win64" and unzip it to c:\eclipse folder, when I double click the eclipse.exe it will launch the JAVA EE Eclipse and create a folder "workspace" in C:\Users\administrator. I've deleted all directories that start with "org.eclipse.birt" from C:\Eclipse-reporting\plugins, then restart Eclipse with the -clean option: eclipse -clean and check the update again but I could not get any updates so I downloaded the birt-rcp-report-designer-4_4_1-20140916.zip, unzip it to C:\BIRT then I got the error as attached when I run birt.exe, my question is how do I run the BIRT Report Design Eclipse Platform?
  • Attachment: birterror.jpg
    (Size: 65.01KB, Downloaded 133 times)
Re: Unable to run BIRT Design in Java EE Eclipse [message #1635127 is a reply to message #1634228] Wed, 25 February 2015 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felipe Moreira is currently offline Felipe MoreiraFriend
Hi Jazz.

You don`t need delete anything. Just download the luna with birt report and execute. Once open, click on the button at right of "Quick acess" and choose Report Design. This is called Perspective, by default, eclipse shows the Java EE perspective and you should change to Report Design. After that, you could create your reports.

Cheers.
Re: Unable to run BIRT Design in Java EE Eclipse [message #1635404 is a reply to message #1635127] Wed, 25 February 2015 19:42 Go to previous message
Jazz Chan is currently offline Jazz ChanFriend
thanks!
Previous Topic:Dynamic Text with Dynamic footer problem
Next Topic:column height
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 13:03:21 GMT 2024