Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Unable to set path value using the set-dialog-result ecl(Unable to set path value using the set-dialog-result ecl)
Unable to set path value using the set-dialog-result ecl [message #1633079] Tue, 24 February 2015 17:10 Go to next message
Hernan Wittemoller is currently offline Hernan WittemollerFriend
I've having the following issue when trying to set path values for multiple OS using the set-dialog-result ecl.

I'm using Version: 1.5.4 of the RCP Testing Tool IDE.

First I get the AUT to the "Export an Anypoint Connector as an Update Site" Window (see screenshot attached)

At that point I try running

set-dialog-result File "/Users/hwittemoller/dev/something"

but that doesn't populate the Location field. Then I tried recording:

Clicking on the ... button
    Enter "something" in the Save as input field
    Click Save

This is the code generated by those steps

get-window "Export an Anypoint Connector as an Update  Site" | get-group "Export Settings" | get-button "..." | click

Because I don't see the set-dialog-result ecl I keep on recording clicking the ... again on and repeating the steps the code changes to this

set-dialog-result File "/Users/hwittemoller/dev/somethingelse"
with [get-window "Export an Anypoint Connector as an Update  Site" | get-group "Export Settings"] {
    get-button "..." | click
    get-editbox -after [get-label "Location:"] | set-text "/Users/hwittemoller/dev/somethingelse"
    get-button "..." | click
}

This code does nothing once executed.

Did someone run into the same problem working with set-dialog-result? Is there a working example of this ecl?

Thank you

Regards
Re: Unable to set path value using the set-dialog-result ecl [message #1634140 is a reply to message #1633079] Wed, 25 February 2015 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!
We don't show native dialogs while test case execution, because otherwise we couldn't close them technically. When native dialog is open, it disables actions in AUT. So we need to set-dialog-result before opening of such dialog for data to be ready before dialog is closed.

Try to rerecord dialog opening.
This issue was discussed in this topic.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Re: Unable to set path value using the set-dialog-result ecl [message #1635039 is a reply to message #1634140] Wed, 25 February 2015 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hernan Wittemoller is currently offline Hernan WittemollerFriend
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I followed your advice and the code worked but seems that I mistakenly thought the set-dialog-result ecl would do something like checking the separators on the path and changing them to the ones used by the OS.

Is there any ecl or other alternative that would do that? I need my test suites to work on both MacOs and Windows systems.

Here's an example of the code I'm using

set-dialog-result File [concat [get-java-property "user.home"] $path]
with [get-window "Export an Anypoint Connector as an Update  Site"] {
    get-group "Export Settings" | get-button "..." | click
    get-button Finish | click
}

Regards

[Updated on: Wed, 25 February 2015 15:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to set path value using the set-dialog-result ecl [message #1636489 is a reply to message #1635039] Thu, 26 February 2015 08:00 Go to previous message
Olga Yurchuk is currently offline Olga YurchukFriend

Hello,

The command get-java-property doesn't depend on OS, it outputs appropriate result for the actual OS.
If value of $path depends on OS, you can use command get-by-os.
Take a look at the following line:
log [concat [get-java-property "user.home"] [get-by-os -macosx "/mac" -win "\win"]]

Is it suitable for you?
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Yours sincerely,
Olga.
Previous Topic:RCPTT frequently crashing on Linux
Next Topic:Fail when playing the script: get-control Browser | get-menu "Добавить раздел&qu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:32:50 GMT 2024