Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How do I get multiple parameter values processed in a Data Set?(How do I get multiple parameter values processed in a Data Set?)
How do I get multiple parameter values processed in a Data Set? [message #1626795] Sat, 21 February 2015 06:01 Go to next message
Al Koch is currently offline Al KochFriend
Hello,

I have a Cascading Parameter Group that is working correctly in the sense that I am able to take the selected value from the 1st parameter in the group and use it in the where clause to build the Data Set for the 2nd parameter. The 2nd parameter (a list box) is marked as "Multiple Values". In the 3rd (final) data set (which will return the values I want on the report) I have
... IN ? ...
and I define a Data Set Parameter for this as being linked to the 2nd parameter above that has multiple values. When I close the window where I define the Data Set parameter I get this warning:

"If a user sets multiple values for the report parameter, the data set parameter only uses the first value."

The warning is correct! If I run the report and select two values for the 2nd parameter in the Cascading Group the report shows that only the 1st value was used. My questions are:

1) what use is the "multiple values" selection if this is the result?
2) how can I have the report operate on multiple "filter" values as I tried to accomplish above?

Thank you.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2015 19:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I get multiple parameter values processed in a Data Set? [message #1633321 is a reply to message #1626795] Tue, 24 February 2015 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You'll need to edit your query in the beforeOpen to pass the values of the multiple select parameter. Take a look at this devshare post from the BIRT Developer Center:

http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/722-using-a-multivalue-parameter-in-a-in-clause/

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How do I get multiple parameter values processed in a Data Set? [message #1637682 is a reply to message #1633321] Thu, 26 February 2015 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Al Koch is currently offline Al KochFriend
Hi Michael,

Thanks! That worked just as I needed.
Re: How do I get multiple parameter values processed in a Data Set? [message #1652492 is a reply to message #1637682] Thu, 05 March 2015 22:32 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Glad I could help! Smile Let us know whenever you have questions.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Deccumulation?
Next Topic:How can I prevent a blank entry in a parameter list?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:46:17 GMT 2024