EPF Composer 1.2.0 Downloads NEW!
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4, XP SP2, 2003 SP2 (or later)
- Red Hat Enteprise Linux Release 4 Update 5, Release 5 or later, (note: compat-libstdc++ is needed for RHEL5) SUSE Enterprise Linux v9 or v10
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla, and Firefox
- Java Runtime Environment 1.5
New Features and Key Improvements
- Improved Diagram Editor
- Diagram editor has been completely reimplemented.
- Provides swimlanes, control flow labels, free-form drawing, and font styles.
- Files can be saved in GIF, JPG, or BMP format.
- Improved Rich Text Editor
- Font family and size can be changed.
- Content cut from Microsoft Word can be pasted as plain text.
- Links and images can be added in the HTML view.
- Improved HTML error markers and correction features.
- Improved Configuration Editor
- Processes can be fine-tuned by adding or removing categorized elements.
- Improved configuration error reporting for Method Configurations and Method Libraries.
- Current view is highlighted in configuration editor.
- Configuration views can be ordered.
- Improved Process Editor
- Activities are displayed with indented and outdented elements.
- All tasks at any level can be suppressed.
- Activities can have multiple descriptors.
- Additional platform support
- Internet Explorer 7
- Mozilla FireFox 2
- Eclipse 3.3
- Other Improvements
- New plug-in naming convention allows plug-ins to be displayed in hierarchical lists.
- Published sites on application servers can implement server-based search.
- GUIDs are no longer present in published filenames.
- A new variability type is provided: Extends and Replaces.
- Elements in categories can be ordered alphabetically, manually, or by type.
- The OpenUP 1.0 library is bundled in this release.
- By default, Firefox 1.x on RedHat and SuSE Linux disable updates to the browser's status bar.
This default setting needs to be changed in order for the rich text editors to function properly on these platforms.
To change the default setting do the following:
1. Log on with administrative (root) privileges.
2. Locate the firefox.js file by executing the following command:
find / -name firefox.js.
3. Navigate to the directory containing the
4. Make the
5. Edit the
firefox.jsfile with a text editor and change the security preference "dom.disable_window_status_change" preference from "true" to "false".
6. Save and exit.
- The publish wizard on Linux systems is too large to show all options when the screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768. Users on this platform should adjust their resolution to 1280 x 1024.
- Cheatsheets and Online Help are not localized.
- Refer to the detailed CM Support Notes for caveats and usability issues on CM Support in EPF Composer.
- On the Linux platforms, the default OpenUP library does not automically open on the first run of EPF Composer.
- For a complete list of all defects addressed in this release see
EPF 184.108.40.206 Bugzilla
EPF 220.127.116.11 Bugzilla
EPF 18.104.22.168 Bugzilla
EPF 22.214.171.124 Bugzilla
EPF 1.2.0 Bugzilla
Linux Installation Instructions
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, install the compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-61.i386.rpm package if not already installed.
- Expand the downloaded archive file
- Set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to the directory of Mozilla or Firefox libraries
- Change to epf-composer folder
- Start the program named epf
It may be necessary to use the -vm argument to point EPF Composer at the correct JRE
./epf -vm /usr/local/j2re1.5/bin/java
Windows Installation Instructions
- Expand the downloaded zip file
- Change to epf-composer folder and start the program named epf.exe
|EPF 126.96.36.199 New! (Win32)||Download||77 MB||25 Jun 2008|
|EPF 188.8.131.52 New! (Linux/GTK)||Download||77 MB||25 Jun 2008|
|EPF Richtext Feature 184.108.40.206 New! (Win32)||Download||460 kB||25 Jun 2008|
|EPF Richtext Feature 220.127.116.11 New! (Linux/GTK)||Download||460 kB||25 Jun 2008|
|EPF 18.104.22.168 (Win32)||Download||77 MB||28 Mar 2008|
|EPF 22.214.171.124 (Linux/GTK)||Download||77 MB||28 Mar 2008|
|EPF 126.96.36.199 (Win32)||Download||77 MB||20 Nov 2007|
|EPF 188.8.131.52 (Linux/GTK)||Download||77 MB||20 Nov 2007|
|EPF 184.108.40.206 (Win32)||Download||77 MB||14 Sep 2007|
|EPF 220.127.116.11 (Linux/GTK)||Download||77 MB||14 Sep 2007|
|EPF 1.2.0 (Win32)||Download||77 MB||1 Aug 2007|
|EPF 1.2.0 (Linux/GTK)||Download||77 MB||1 Aug 2007|
NLS Plugin and Feature Overlay Download
|NLS Pack for EPF 1.2.0 and 1.2.0.x||Download||7 MB||14 Sep 2007|