Thursday 14, May 2020
✨ New Features and Highlights for 0.12.0 ✨
IntelliJ Tech Preview Updates We’re working to bring you a true Codewind experience with IntelliJ and are pleased to present:
- Codewind for IntelliJ supports the application metrics dashboard and the Inject metrics function.
- You can open a shell into the running application container.
- You will be notified of log changes, even when the log is not currently selected.
- If you open a project in a new window with certain actions, the project is preselected in the Codewind view.
Codewind Quick Guides
Need a quick guide to help you with a particular project? Let us know or help write one by contributing in GitHub.
Offline Support Sometimes you need to use internal-only resources or are restricted by factors outside your control. Codewind supports these types of development modes by providing offline support, and you won’t lose your work if you lose internet connection.
VS Code and Eclipse
- The Open Container Shell action is available for Remote/Kubernetes projects.
- You must have
- The current kubectl context must point to the cluster with the Codewind instance.
- You must be logged in and have permissions on the cluster to run
kubectl execinto the Codewind application pods.
- You must have
- Codewind projects that are also VS Code workspace folders are removed from the workspace when the project is deleted.
- When adding a template source, you can use the Auto Fill from URL button to fill in the name and description if they are available from the URL.
List of Fixes
- In Codewind for Eclipse:
- A timeout error was shown when canceling the debug attach job. This is fixed, and it no longer clears out the launch when a debug session is terminated, so you can still view the console output for the launch.
- In the Add Existing Project wizard, if you use the Browse button to select a project from the file system, the radio button no longer switches back to selecting a project from the workspace.
- The New Connection wizard is visually enhanced to fit with the dark mode setting in Linux.
- In Codewind for VS Code:
- A warning appears when no template sources are enabled.
- Accidentally inputting the wrong credentials no longer sends the remote connection into a loop.
- An improved error message appears when trying to restart a project that currently can’t be restarted.
- An error message appears if a problem is encountered when fetching the build properties while checking if
- The two broken links in the VS Code Welcome Page are fixed.
- If Docker is stopped while Codewind is running, Codewind goes into a stopped state.
Appsody-extensionis updated from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1.
codewind-openapi-eclipseversion is updated.
codewind-openapi-vscodeversion is updated.