Wednesday 18 December 2019
✨ Remote Deploy with Codewind: Tech Preview ✨
You can now develop your code locally and securely build and deploy your apps in the cloud! Why is this cool?
- Free up local resources. 👏
- It’s secure! 🔐 We use Keycloak to secure the connection between your local editor and remote cloud deployment.
Curious? Learn more!
New Features and Highlights for 0.7.0
- You can now inject metrics into your Node.js, Spring, and WebSphere Liberty MicroProfile projects. You can enable or disable this feature with just a click.
- Effortlessly visualize data like CPU usage, memory footprint, and web traffic on the included application monitoring dashboard at the click of a button. Codewind hosts the dashboard, so displaying the graphs won’t eat into your project’s resources.
OpenShift Do (odo)
- You can now easily import existing projects into Codewind and use odo to build and deploy projects to your OpenShift or OKD cluster.
- Codewind now supports Java templates, and Java projects can build and deploy after they have been configured.
- You can now specify any Docker registry secret required by Codewind within the Codewind extension for the editor.
List of Fixes
- Changes to the Eclipse plug-in for Spring server post-code generation stability for OpenAPI
- The OpenAPI Wizard generator will not override the implicitly or explicitly defined main class in the Spring project.
- The compilation errors related to unimplemented methods in the OpenAPI2SpringBoot class are fixed.
- Appsody binary updated from 0.5.0 to 0.5.2 in the
- Other security fixes