Installing Codewind for Eclipse
The Codewind installation includes two parts:
- The Eclipse plug-in installs when you install Codewind from the Eclipse Marketplace or when you install by searching in the Eclipse Extensions view.
- The Codewind back end containers install after you click Install when you are prompted. After you click Install, the necessary images are downloaded from the internet. The download is approximately 1 GB.
- Optional: If you don’t click Install when the notification window first appears, you can access the notification again. Go to the Explorer view, hover the cursor over Codewind, and click the switch so that it changes to the On position. The window appears.
The following images are pulled. These images together form the Codewind back end:
When the installation is complete, the extension is ready to use, and you are prompted to open the Codewind workspace.
You can open the
codewind-workspace or a project within the workspace as your Eclipse workspace. For more information, see Getting started: Codewind for Eclipse.
Working with workspaces
Codewind creates the Codewind workspace on your system. The Codewind workspace is where Codewind expects to find your projects and where Codewind stores its metadata. On macOS and Linux, the workspace folder is
~/codewind-workspace. On Windows, the workspace folder is
C:\codewind-workspace. When Codewind creates a new project, it is created in the Codewind workspace. If you want to add an existing project to Codewind, first copy it into the Codewind workspace.
Updating the Codewind plug-in
Update the Codewind Eclipse plug-in to the latest version.
- From Eclipse, go to Help>About Eclipse IDE.
- Click Installation details.
- To look for the latest release, highlight Codewind tech preview and click Update….
- Select the latest version and click Next.
- Review the license and click Finish.
- Click Restart Now to refresh Codewind to the latest version.
- After Codewind restarts, go to the Codewind Explorer view. Double-click Codewind to update it to the latest version.
- Click OK in the Codewind Update window that states that the older version of Codewind will be removed, and the newer version will be started.
- After Codewind updates, the Codewind Explorer view appears with your projects.
Removing containers and images
To remove Codewind, see Uninstalling Codewind from Eclipse.
To troubleshoot Codewind, see the Troubleshooting page.