OpenShift Do (odo) support in Codewind
The extension to Codewind provides support for OpenShift Do (odo). You can use the extension to efficiently write, build, and deploy components on an OpenShift or OKD cluster.
- Supports Java, Node.js, Python, and Perl components.
- Provides OpenShift templates to help you create components with different supported languages.
- Imports your existing components and continues to develop the components.
Setting up extension
Adding rules to support the extension
The extension needs additional rules for accessing OpenShift resources. Use the following commands to clone the codewind-odo-extension repository, create the ClusterRole with the required permissions, and bind that ClusterRole to the Che workspace service account.
Importing Java image stream to your OpenShift or OKD cluster
In order to create or import Java compoent, you need to import Java image stream to your OpenShift or OKD cluster so that odo can build component image.
Adding rules and importing Java image stream
- Log in to your OpenShift or Origin Community Distribution (OKD) cluster.
- Enter the following commands to go to the correct location, add the rules and import Java image stream, and perform cleanup:
git clone https://github.com/eclipse/codewind-odo-extension &&\ cd ./codewind-odo-extension/setup &&\ kubectl apply -f codewind-odoclusterrole.yaml &&\ kubectl apply -f codewind-odoclusterrolebinding.yaml &&\ ./odo-addbuilder.sh &&\ cd - &&\ rm -rf codewind-odo-extension
- Only supports on Codewind for Eclipse Che with OKD/OpenShift cluster.
- Does not support debug mode.