OpenShift Do (odo) support in Codewind
The Codewind odo extension supports OpenShift Do (odo). You can use the extension to efficiently write, build, and deploy components on an OpenShift or OKD cluster.
- Compatible with Eclipse Che for Codewind and using Codewind remotely.
- Supports Java, Node.js, Python, and Perl components.
- Provides OpenShift templates to help you create components with different supported languages.
- Imports and enables continued development of your existing components.
Setting up the extension
Adding roles to support the extension
The extension needs additional roles for accessing OpenShift resources. Use the following commands to clone the codewind-odo-extension repository, create the
ClusterRole with the required permissions, and bind that
ClusterRole to the corresponding Codewind service account.
Importing the Java image stream to your OpenShift or OKD cluster
To create or import a Java component, you must import the Java image stream to your OpenShift or OKD cluster so that odo can build the component image.
Adding the roles and importing the Java image stream
- Log in to your OpenShift or Origin Community Distribution (OKD) cluster and ensure that the Codewind workspace is created.
- Enter the following commands to go to the correct location, add the roles and import the Java image stream, and perform cleanup:
git clone https://github.com/eclipse/codewind-odo-extension &&\ cd ./codewind-odo-extension/setup &&\ ./setup.sh cd - &&\ rm -rf codewind-odo-extension
- Supports only Codewind for Eclipse Che on an OpenShift or OKD cluster.
- Does not support project configuration.
- Does not support debug mode.
- Does not have HTTPS protocol support for accessing applications.