Creating your first Codewind project with Codewind for Eclipse Che
Note: If you already have projects in your Che workspace, such as from your devfile, add them to Codewind with the Add Existing Project command instead of the Create New Project command.
- To create a Codewind project in Che, click Create New Project in the Codewind Project Explorer or go to View>Find Command… and click Codewind: Create New Project.
- Click a template source to enable. Codewind on Che bundles Default templates, Kabanero Collections, OpenShift Templates, and Appsody Stacks.
- Note: OpenShift Templates are visible only when Codewind is running on OpenShift clusters.
- After you select a template, choose a project type and press Enter to create the project. Codewind starts to build and deploy the project. The project can take up to a few minutes to begin to run. After the project is created, in the Projects view, your project appears, and the project overview page opens.
- After you create a project, you can explore it with the following actions:
- Right-click your project and click Show all logs to see the logs for the project.
- To view the project code, go to the Explorer Projects view and click your project folder and the file you want to view.
- Click Open Application to open your application in your browser.
Checking the status of a project
The Codewind Project Explorer view shows two statuses.
- The first status is the application status, which tells you if the application is running, stopped, or starting.
- The second status is the build status, which tells you what the most recent status of the build was, such as if the build succeeded, failed, or produced a specific error. For example, the build status can tell you if the deployment failed.
- Note: Appsody projects do not display build status.
- After the project finishes building, its build status changes to Build Succeeded.
- After the application is built and deployed, the appliction status changes to Starting.
- When the application is running, the application status changes to Running.
Last update: Apr 22, 2020