Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[wtp-dev] Minutes for WTP Status Telecon, 2006-03-09

See WTP Status Telecons [1] for more information.


Amy Wu

Arthur Ryman
Chuck Bridgham

Chris Brealey
David Williams
Der-Ping Chou

Jeffrey Liu

John Lanuti

Kate Price

Kathy Chan

Keith Chong

Kosta Komissarchik
Larry Dunnell

Phil Avery
Rob Frost

Ted Bashor

Tim Deboer
Tim Wagner


Lawrence Mandel


1. Actions Items - Jeffrey Liu

Active Items

The following actions items showed some activity last week. [1]
114446 nor P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx RESO FIXE [action] Open API requests for non-API usages in WTP
122833 nor P2 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Improve Test Automation
123703 nor P3 PC jkrause@xxxxxxxxxxxxx RESO FIXE [action] Start Requirements Meetings for WTP 1.5
127183 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx RESO FIXE [action] Demonstrate Code Usage and Breakage Scanning Tools

Open Items

The following action items are currently open [2]. Action items owners should update their status in Bugzilla prior to the status telecon. Thx.

113137 nor P3 PC kosta@xxxxxxx NEW [action] Create a tutorial document for facets
122833 nor P2 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Improve Test Automation
127179 nor P3 PC david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Add Guidelines on Writing SCM-Friendly Code Gene...
128308 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Document and Communicate Hot Bug Process
129207 nor P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Update Flexible Project Model Roadmap



Jeff - Discussion of actions items are added as comments to the bugzilla.

2. WTP 1.0.2 Status

2.1 WTP 1.0.2 Build Status - David Williams

David - We declared a build this week, our first 1.0.2 build.

Ted - The list of bugs that was fixed is still relative to 1.0, can we change it to 1.0.1?

Ted - I looked at the M build this morning and it's still relative to sometime in Dec.

Arthur - Does Eclipse have any planned Maintenance release pass 3.1.2?

David - Not currently.

Arthur - If there's one, we want to line up with them.

2.2 WTP 1.0.2 Bugzilla Status [1] - Jeffrey Liu


Jeff - Discussion of hot bugs are added as comments in the bugzilla.

Arthur - Are these really hot issues?

Jeff - Bug owner should work with originator on these hot bugs. If there are workarounds, see if the originator is satisfy with the workaround and willing to move the bug off the hot list. If the bug owner does not agree that a bug is hot, then the originator need to justify why he/she thinks it is a hot issue.

Tim - I want to add 129112 to the hot list.

David - This is already fixed in the 1.5 stream, we should be able to back port it to 1.0.2. Please open another bug to avoid confusion on which stream this bug was fixed in.

Ted - Do we need to publicize all the bugs that we fixed in the 1.0.2 stream? If we want to fix a bug, do we have to put it on the hot list?

Arthur - No, we are not limited to hot bugs. We can use comp leads' judgement on what should be fixed. However, no new features, and keep changes to a minimum.

3. WTP 1.5 M5 Status

3.1 WTP 1.5 M5 Build Status - David Williams

David - We changed our prereq to a pre-M6 I build. This is needed for some improvement in the navigator API, so that we can migrate completely. Please test with the same I build.

David - We will need to respin this evening.

Kathy - We have narrowed down the problem. Some changes have the required bundle removed. We need to restore them.

David - Are you using Class.forName(...)? and that's why the builder is not calculating the bundle dependency correctly?

Chris - It's the 3rd party dependencies, for example, WSIL4J depends on UDDI4J, etc.

Kathy - Reverting a few plugins seems to work.

Jeff - When we create new packages, is there anything that we need to watch out for to avoid discourage/forbidden access?

David - Discourage access is just using internal packages. We may need to define friends packages. That should help us prioritize what should be API.

3.2 WTP 1.5 M5 Bugzilla Status [1] - Jeffrey Liu


Jeff -  Discuss of 1.5 hot bugs are added as comments in the bugzilla.

Other 1.5 items:

David - The milestone plans on the Web site show that our feature complete date is 04/28. However, the intended feature complete date is suppose to be 04/14. We will update the plans with this info. I wanted to make sure nobody on the call is depended on the 04/28 date, and everyone is good with 04/14.

4. Hot Bug Process

Tim - Havent' really discuss this on the PMC call yet.

Tim - We don't want the hot bug process to become an vechical for people to "increase the attention of the bug".

Kosta - How do we treat enhancements that are on the hot list?

Arthur - If an enhancement is inhibiting an adopter's adoption of WTP, provided that the enhancement is well justified, then we should consider it.

Arthur - Also, critical and blocker should be dealt with.

Ted - I want to propose a simper approach. Anyone can mark a bug as hot, but if no one is in the status meeting to support it, then it is removed.

Arthur - We should give an adopter more time. An adopter may miss a meeting due to reasons like travel.

Ted - If repeatly failed to support a hot bug in the status meeting, then we should take it off.

5. Other Business - Open

Arthur - On Wed/Tues, there was a creation review for the AJAX project. And it will become an incubator project in WTP. Their project lead is Craig Becker will join the PMC call.

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software - Performance Analyst
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/R8V/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920

Back to the top