[wtp-dev] Minutes for WTP Status Telecon, 2006-03-02

See WTP Status Telecons [1] for more information.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/status-telecons/index.html

Attendees:
Amy Wu

Chuck Bridgham

David Williams
Der-Ping Chou

Jeffrey Liu

John Lanuti

Kate Price

Kathy Chan

Keith Chong

Kosta Komissarchik
Larry Dunnell

Lawrence Mandel

Naci Dai
Phil Avery
Rob Frost

Sinan Konya
Ted Bashor

Tim Wagner

Agenda

1. Actions Items - Jeffrey Liu

Active Items

The following actions items showed some activity last week. [1]
114446 nor P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Open API requests for non-API usages in WTP
122833 nor P2 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Improve Test Automation
129207 nor P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Update Flexible Project Model Roadmap

Open Items

The following action items are currently open [2]. Action items owners should update their status in Bugzilla prior to the status telecon. Thx.

113137 nor P3 PC kosta@xxxxxxx NEW [action] Create a tutorial document for facets
114446 nor P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Open API requests for non-API usages in WTP
122833 nor P2 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Improve Test Automation
127179 nor P3 PC david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Add Guidelines on Writing SCM-Friendly Code Gene...
128308 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Document and Communicate Hot Bug Process
129207 nor P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx NEW [action] Update Flexible Project Model Roadmap

[1]
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=casesubstring&short_desc=%5Baction%5D&product=Web+Tools&chfieldfrom=7d&chfieldto=Now

[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=casesubstring&short_desc=%5Baction%5D&product=Web+Tools&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

Konsta - 113137, no progress due to bug backlog.

Chuck - 114446, made progress but not 100% complete. Still need to remove some unused classes.

Jeff - 122833, have setup a WinXP machine with IBM 1.4.2 JRE to run JUnit tests. Results are uploaded, but not linked from the download pages. Will need to modify the HTML/PHP files to link to the new test results.

David - 127179, making progress, should be done today.

Chuck - 129207, like to call a meeting to discuss and communicate the status and get an idea of what people are expecting. Action is to get that meeting sent out. Target early next week.

2. WTP 1.5 M5 Status

2.1 WTP 1.5 M5 Build Status - David Williams

David - Produced our M5 candidate. We have a few last minute changes. We need everyone to verify this build.

David - There is currently a blocking update manager bug, we will need to respin.

Chuck - We found a couple of blockers. One we have a fix for, the other we are investigating. It concerns classpath variable not being setup correct. Outlook is to supply fixes by eod today.

Der Ping - Will provide test status before end of status meeting.

Kathy - Testing right now, report in an hour or so. Yesterday's driver and the drivers before that are good. Plus, we did not drop anything.

David - Nitin reported that run on server does not work on Linux.

Kathy - Web services smoke test ran fine on Linux. We'll add comment to the bug.

Keith - Still testing. Everything (WSDL, XSD) seems to be OK. Will report shortly.

David - On track for tm, but will need to respin.

David - Make sure to let others know if a fix may affect other teams. Please send a note to the dev list.

2.2 WTP 1.5 M5 Bugzilla Status [1] - Jeffrey Liu

  • Bugs still targetted to M5 [1]
  • P1 bugs [2]
  • Blocker/Critical bugs [3]
  • Unresolved Hot bugs [4]
[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=Web+Tools&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&target_milestone=1.5+M5

[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=Web+Tools&priority=P1&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

[3] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=Web+Tools&bugidtype=exclude&bug_severity=blocker&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

[4] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/plans/1.5/adopter-hotlist-report.html

Jeff - Please take a look at all the M5 targetted bugs, owners should defer these bugs to M6 or later if they are not going to fix it in M5.

Chuck - I request that bug 128658 to be included in M5. The fix is to add an additional content provider. We have a fix in hand.

David - Pretty important and safe fix.

Chuck - I also request bug 129059 to be included in M5. We have a fix. The fix is safe. This is a pretty important issue. EJB does not add to EAR. We feel it's pretty important to get these fix for M5.

David - There is a workaround, but if Chuck has tested the fix and feel comfortable with it, that's fine with me.

David - Does we need to address blocking bug 128996?

Konsta - We think this is a platform issue. We will test it again on the Eclipse M5 build to see if the problem is still there.

Hot bugs

Keith - 95903, patch does not work. Will revisit the patch. Target it for M6.

David - 107311, target for M6

David - 115762, target for M6

Kosta - 115892, don't think this is a hot item. We estimate of a 3 week of work. Will contact originator.

Chuck - 118493, dont think this is a valid request. Will need to discuss it with the originator. We don't go off and try to validate all the projects in the workspace.

John - 118853, enhancement request. Need to investigate.

John - 121153, looks like a trival fix.

David - 123600, not easy reproduce, not sure if it's hot item. Just assigned it to the correct component.

David - 123941, we want to improve this undo experience. We will look at it in M6

David - 123959, we will review the patch. Suspect the patch will not be directly applicable, but will take a look.

Chuck - 125929, there are patches. Need to check with Neeraj, he may have applied them already.

Naci - 126325, not for M5, but I can't reproduce it reliable. Target for M6.

Kosta - 126405, we provided a few workarounds. I think we should move it off the hot list. Will contact originator.

Kosta - 127119, for sure a hot issue. There's a manual workaround. Need to address in M6.

Chuck - 128491, one that I'm working on right now, and we have a patch for it.

3. WTP 1.0.2 Status

Reminder:

today – March 24th: adopters are welcome to submit *ship blocking* issues for consideration on the 1.0.2 adopter hot list

March 25 – April 14th: only stop-ship *regressions* (versus 1.0 or 1.0.1) can be added to the hot list; 4/14 is code freeze

April 15 – April 20th: mandatory one week cool down

April 21st: planned 1.0.2 release date (assuming no regressions discovered during cool down)

3.1 WTP 1.0.2 Build Status - David Williams

David - M build is in the committers area. No declared builds yet.

Jeff - Should we start declaring weekly builds.

David - Yes. We'll use the same schedule as 1.0.1. cut-off Tues, and declare Wed.

David - Even if you didn't commit anything, u still need to smoke test.

3.2 WTP 1.0.2 Bugzilla Status [1] - Jeffrey Liu

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/plans/1.0.2/adopter-hotlist-report.html

Ted - we have a bug that we want to add to the hot list. It's129866. We can create a patch for it, but we want to get John's comment on whether the behavior is correct or not.

4. Update Manager Site Status - David Williams

Did anyone get a chance to test the update site?

None.

5. Hot Bug Process - Tim Wagner

Jeff - Tim W. had to leave. I'll follow up with him.

6. Other Business - Open

None.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software - Performance Analyst
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/R8V/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920