RE: [uml2-dev] UML Installation

Thanks alot

E M Madhu Babu <madhubabu_em@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All I did was use winzip and give the unzip directory as the directory containing the eclipse directory… winzip automatically puts the files under plugins into eclipse’s plugins folder and all the remaining stuff too. My eclipse is in folder D:\software and I choose this as the unzip dir in the winzip… it works for me… I use the same for EMF-SDO-XSD bundle too…. Not problems at all.

From: uml2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:uml2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Hind Al-Hakami
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:51 AM
To: uml2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [uml2-dev] UML Installation

I'd tried to install UML but I failed, working on Windows XP Professional platform and using Eclipse 3.0.1, I download the following Zipped folders:

  • uml2-M200508041014
  • uml2-SDK-M200508041014
  • uml2-automated-tests-M200508041014
  • uml2-examples-M200508041014
  • emf-sdo-xsd-SDK-2.1.0

Unzipped it and 'drag-and-drop' all the plug-ins content to the Eclipse pplug-infolder.

but red X's was there when I opened the Eclipse. So, I deleted this pplug-infolder and restore tthedefault one.

I tried another way doing the following:

Open Eclipse and add new Project.

File --> Import --> External Plug-ins and fragments

Uncheck "The target pplatform

Press "Browse" to set the plug-in Location and choose the ppreviousUUnzippedfolders each time one and do the following for each:

Press "SSourceCode Locations" --> Add --> Select all src folders from plug-ins from all folders --> OK.

and when I pressed Next the plug ins were labeled by red X's.

It will be appreciated if you guide me to the right way to install UML.

Thanks in Advance,

Hind