Re: [uml2-dev] Introspecting subsets features..

Stephane,

The UML2 newsgroup is at news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.tools.uml2. A link to it is available from the UML2 home page.

Unfortunately, since EMF does not directly support the concept of subsets/supersets, there is no metadata containing this information at runtime. Annotations exist in the source model (that's how the custom code generator knows which features are subsets), but the runtime metadata is instantiated from generated code which does not take annotation references into account. This may improve in UML2 2.0, however, since it is likely that the metadata will instead be loaded from a file...

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey

Eclipse UML2 Project Lead
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

sducas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: uml2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/17/2005 04:34 AM

Please respond to
"This mailing list is used to discuss the development issues for the  UML2 project. "

uml2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[uml2-dev] Introspecting subsets features..

Sorry I can't find any UML2 newsgroup on http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/index.html...

Hi all, my name is Stephane (PARIS)

How to know when a feature is a subset of an an other?? I mean f.e.:

UML2Package.eINSTANCE.getBehavioralFeature_FormalParameter()

Is subset of :

UML2Package.eINSTANCE.getOperation_OwnedParameter()

So how can I know it on runtime when I have those two features instances??.

I need to know that because I'm filtering notifications depending on which features has been changed....

I tryed to introspect EAnnotations on metamodel (UML2) but it doesn't work:

UML2Package.eINSTANCE.getOperation_OwnedParameter().eAnnotations().....getReferences() is EMPTY...

I also tryed to find any clue on featureIDs but I can't find any...

so please help me...

THANK YOU...

Stephane.