[uml2-dev] Extending UML2

This is my first message to this mailing list, so perhaps this has been answered before. My apologies if that\'s the case.
I\'m trying to implement a UML2-like component diagram editor using GEF and org.eclipse.uml2. I say uml-like because it would include some non-uml features, more exactly the concept of responsibilities associated to components. Exploring the metamodel, I found BehavioralFeature could be a good place for Responsibility to extend from.
To extend BehavioralFeature, I did the following:
1. Associated my project to the imported (with source) uml2 project
2. Added uml2 as a dependency to plugin.xml
3. Created the following interface:
/**
* @model
*/
public interface Responsibility extends BehavioralFeature {
}
4. Imported the annotated interfaces to create an ecore model and a generator model
5. Generated the model code

Now, the whole process doesn\'t produce any error messages, but the generated code has many \"discouraged reference\" warnings and compilation errors for undefined references in the generated code. For instance, eInverseAdd() has references to an \"owner\" field and a \"basicSetOwner()\" method that are not defined anywhere. It\'s obvious that I didn\'t get something right, but I\'m having a hard time trying to figure out what it is exactly. Any ideas/suggestions on how to extend the uml2 metamodel for my purposes?
Thanks in advance,

Martin Blech

Back to the top