Re: RE : [uml2-dev] UML modelingtool

I heard this Eclipse GMF project led by Borland a couple of
months ago.  Not sure when the initial version will be
available.

http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-gmf/main.html

[quote]
The Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) and Graphical Editing
Framework (GEF) are two important projects from the Eclipse
Tools Project which are successfully used within several
other Eclipse projects and numerous Eclipse-based
applications.  These are commonly used together to provide
visual design surfaces for domain models expressed with
EMF.  Although examples of how to bridge these two
technologies exist (e.g. Eclipse Development using the
Graphical Editing Framework and the Eclipse Modeling
Framework, eDiagram GEF Sample), what is needed is a
generative infrastructure to simplify their use in building
modeling applications in Eclipse.

As an example, the UML2 project is based on EMF and provides
an implementation of the OMG’s UML 2.0 metamodel for
Eclipse, but currently lacks a diagramming capability.  This
and other EMF-based models could benefit from a common
infrastructure to ease the development of GEF-based
diagramming surfaces where a visual editing component is
desired.
[/quote]

Best regards,
Wee