Re: [uml2-dev] Applying stereo type

Ajit,

This isn't right place to be asking questions about using UML2 (rather, it's for issues related to development of the UML2 project itself). In the future, please post a message to the eclipse.tools.uml2 newsgroup instead.

Is the stereotype you are trying to apply required? Note that required stereotypes cannot be applied since they are implicitly applied already... What is returned if you call Element#isApplied(Stereotype)?

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey

Eclipse UML2 Project Lead
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

"Ajitkumar Srivastav" <A.Srivastav@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: uml2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/12/2005 07:29 AM

Please respond to
"This mailing list is used to discuss the development issues for the  UML2 project. "

<uml2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[uml2-dev] Applying stereo type

Hi All,
I have created a profile xyz.profile.uml2 with a stereotype ”Ajit” extended from metaclass “UML2::Class”, saved on the disk.
Now in an application I have loaded the same profile. I was able to successfully apply the profile on a model.
But now when I am trying to apply the stereo type “Ajit” on one of the class in the model say Employee it throws IllegalArgumentException from the following code in StereoTypeOperations.java

if (null == stereotype || isApplied(stereotype, element)
                  || !element.getApplicableStereotypes().contains(stereotype)) {

                  throw new IllegalArgumentException(String.valueOf(stereotype));
            }

For the call “element. getApplicableStereotypes().contains(stereotype)”

Any kind of info will be very helpful.

Thanks
Ajit Shrivastav

TIG Dev
Extn - 7682
Direct - 9520-5605-7682
Mobile - 0-9890037203

This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails._______________________________________________
uml2-dev mailing list
uml2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx