Re: [sapphire-dev] Meet about Eclipse 4.x hosting of Sapphire UI?

I started working on finer bundle/feature breakup and eliminating dependencies that can be avoided. It is my understanding based on EclipseCon's 4.x presentations that WTP XML editor does already run in 4.x platform today, so it should be possible to get Sapphire to run on 4.x in its current form. Once I am done with the refactoring work, it should be even easier to integrate simpler examples of Sapphire UI into 4.x.

- Konstantin

-----Original Message-----
From: sapphire-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sapphire-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Konstantin Komissarchik
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2011 11:43 AM
To: 'Tom Schindl'
Cc: 'Sapphire project'
Subject: Re: [sapphire-dev] Meet about Eclipse 4.x hosting of Sapphire UI?

Hi Tom,

No problem. It was a busy conference.

By I "wst bundles", I think you are referring to WTP's XML Editor implementation. If you are trying to back a Sapphire model by an XML file, you can use the default DOM parser or connect to the XML editor's DOM for live bi-directional editing in a multi-page editor setting. The XML editor integration code is currently part of the main Sapphire bundles, but should probably be factored out so that it is an optional piece to add if you need it.

Did I answer your question?

- Konstantin