[ptp-dev] No process icons in Parallel Debug view

Greg,

Recently I'm testing PTP 4.0(RC4) on a cluster with about 1k nodes.
The cluster runs SLURM rms.

There is something strange (and potential bugs) with the PTP parallel debugger.
When trying to launch a debug MPI job with 4 processes,  sometimes there are no
process icons within the Parallel Debug view. However, in the JobList view within Parallel Runtime perspective,
I can see that all four processes are RUNNING( GREEN icons). Without the process icons in the debug view,
many debug operations like registering process, creating process set are impossible.
However, even when process icons are missing, the stack trace of the (defaultly registered) first process is shown
in the Debug view.

I'm not very familiar with the new sdm debugger code.
Which debug event is responsible for the creation of process icons?
I remember that EVENT_DBG_SUSPEND is related to this issue.
Or is it related to the RMS proxy?
Does it mean that the SUSPEND event is lost?

Any idea?

Jie

更多热辣资讯尽在新版MSN首页! 立刻访问!

Back to the top