[platform-dev] Bug in JDT causes invalid class files generated by EJC (javac works fine) and faulty code actions

Hi JDT devs,

I'd like to raise your awareness on a family of bugs I have described here [1], [2], [3].

To summarize, jdt creates non working class files when a static import is used that targets a package private class enhanced by a public one.

In this case the following issues happen (in descending severity):

- the compiled class files contain wrong references and an IllegalAccessError is thrown at runtime , even in cases where the IDE did not give any error/warning [1]
- Organize imports creates wrong results [2]
- Wrong warning is emitted about indirect static access [3]

This currently blocks adoption of Project Panama[4] and jextract [5] for any project using Eclipse/JDT, but as well hinders us to improve code in other areas (e.g. SWT).

As both things are likely to approach in this release, it would be great if these bugs can be addressed soon, I have provided simple reproducer projects and description how to show the behavior, if any information is missing please let me know in the referenced issues.

thanks in advance
 Christoph

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/issues/809
[2] https://github.com/eclipse-jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/issues/814