[p2-dev] Regression in Publisher?

Hi,
I'm having problems with the BundleAction in the Publisher not recognizing the existence of ".pack.gz" files. I ran the debugger and ended up in the following code in BundlesAction.generateBundleIUs() at line 721:

 // Publish according to the shape on disk
 File bundleLocation = new File(bd.getLocation());
 if (bundleLocation.isDirectory())
publishArtifact(ad, new File(bd.getLocation()), new File(bd.getLocation()).listFiles(), info);
 else
     publishArtifact(ad, new File(bd.getLocation()), info);

The bundleLocation in my case is always the bundle jar so I end up in the second publishArtifact(). The code that adds the corresponding .pack.gz file however, is only present in the publishArtifact() that is called when bundleLocation is a directory. This never happens.

Looking at the deprecated Generated.generateBundleIUs(), I see similar code as the one above, but there it's followed by this (line 409):

 if (info.reuseExistingPack200Files() && !info.publishArtifacts()) {
File packFile = new Path(bd.getLocation()).addFileExtension("pack.gz").toFile(); //$NON-NLS-1$
     if (packFile.exists()) {
IArtifactDescriptor ad200 = MetadataGeneratorHelper.createPack200ArtifactDescriptor(key, packFile, ad.getProperty(IArtifactDescriptor.ARTIFACT_SIZE));
         publishArtifact(ad200, new File[] {packFile}, destination, true);
     }
 }

Am I missing something obvious here? It seems odd that no regression test has trigged on this.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top