Re: [orbit-dev] org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient OSGi bundle and commons-codec 1.15 not allowed

Hi Václav,

Can you please be explicit about which bundles you are referring to? AFAICT this request has already been done (in 2020): https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/orbit/orbit-recipes/+/168441 - if you are seeing something different then perhaps I haven't mapped your question to the specific bundles, or perhaps you are pointing at an older recommended build. See https://www.eclipse.org/lists/orbit-dev/msg05562.html for the announcement on the latest recommended one.

The Orbit bundles are maintained by the Eclipse projects* that consume the bundles, so whichever Eclipse project needs such a change is more than welcome to test and provide the update. As you can see from the above quoted gerrit, the actual change itself is easy enough.

*Said in another way, there is no one on the "Orbit team". I release what is in Orbit and will help projects contribute new bundles, but I don't have the resources to actually build and test bundles or their modifications.

Thanks
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham