Re: [jetty-users] How to use Jetty ProxyServlet for reverse proxying?

Thanks Simone,

I've raised https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/6678

Are you saying a workaround is to create a rewrite rule to prevent the looping?

The Jetty instance where I encountered this has rewrite module enabled, but the only current rules are for other contexts (using VirtualHostRuleContainer); it'd be easy enough to add another one.

The aim is to use TryFilesFilter to serve static files with Default servlet then have all other URLs proxied to a non-Jetty backend server over HTTP. (It doesn't currently support FastCGI or I'd use that.)

So yeah, no need for balancing, content transforming, etc - just need the other server to handle the requests which would otherwise 404.

Thanks,

Peter

Back to the top