Re: [jetty-users] Using WebAppContext at contextPath / but also serving images, sounds folders

Maybe this answer can help:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/68682598/458157

> Message du 10/08/21 09:32
> De : "Alexander Farber" <alexander.farber@xxxxxxxxx>
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [jetty-users] Using WebAppContext at contextPath / but also serving images, sounds folders

Yes, Jan -

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 4:20 AM Jan Bartel <janb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not sure what you are wanting to do?  Do you want to keep your 2 static content ContextHandlers (at context paths "/images" and "/sounds") and your var/www/myservlet-3.0.war but move it to context path "/"?  Or are you asking can you combine all 3 into a single webapp?

the first option, how to do it please?

Sorry if I am asking something basic, I am not experienced with using servlets

Best regards
Alex

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 at 21:21, Alexander Farber <alexander.farber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am using 9.4.43.v20210629 for two things:

1) serve Websockets and GET, POST requests
2) serve files located in "images" and "sounds" folders

My config for 1 is currently using contextPath "/ws":

    /ws
    /var/www/myservlet-3.0.war

And the two configs for 2 are (only the "resourceBase" differs):

    /images

             /var/www/html/mydomain.com/images
            true

It works well for several years already (and behind HAProxy 1.8.27), but I am not happy with having  contextPath "/ws" as a prefix to my servlet.

I would like to change it to "/" aka root, but wonder how to keep "/images" and "/sounds" also servable by Jetty.

Would org.eclipse.jetty.fcgi.server.proxy.TryFilesFilter help me in this situation?

If a file (a sound or image file) is found, it should be served. Otherwise the Websockets, GET or POST request should be forwarded to my servlet.

In the Jetty doc for FastCGI there is an example:

        org.eclipse.jetty.fcgi.server.proxy.TryFilesFilter
        /*

            files
            $path /index.php?p=$path

but I am not sure how to apply it to my situation, how to replace the "index.php" by my servlet there?