Re: [jetty-dev] qtp and HttpClient@ Threads Life cycle

Hi,

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 8:37 AM Prakash Nandihal <p.nandihal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> We are seeing two types of  threads created from Jetty http2 library i.e qtp and HttpClient@ threads in thread dump,

"qtp" threads are typically created by the server, "HttpClient@"
threads are typically created by the client.

> We want to know for one http2 Client connection how many qtp and HttpClient@ thread will be created.

It depends (e.g. client or server, and then on specific configuration,
etc.), but I don't think you should care.

> And When will these threads get terminated?  When we create multiple Http2 Client connections to send requests to endpoint, we are observing that qtp and  HttpClient@ thread count  increasing drastically.

Not sure how you quantify "drastically", but for example if you are
doing load testing then yes, the number of threads will typically
increase.

Please consider that Jetty won't create more threads than needed, and
the ones that get created by Jetty are typically necessary.
If you see something strange, most likely it's an application problem.

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top