[dsdp-pmc] FW: Leverage Expected in the Europa Build Workshop

FYI...more explanations on the Build Workshop.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ward Cunningham [mailto:ward.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:29 AM
To: Doug Schaefer; john.graham@xxxxxxxxxx; David M Williams;
walkerp@xxxxxxxxxx; Jeff McAffer; Gaff, Doug; Ali Kheirolomoom;
henrik.lindberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; beatmik@xxxxxxx; gwatson@xxxxxxxx;
dennis.oflynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; jkrause@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Leverage Expected in the Europa Build Workshop

Dear colleagues,

I'm writing to remind you of the upcoming Europa Build Workshop to be
held in Portland, Oregon, September 12th and 13th. We've updated the
announcement with a few more details which you can examine here:

* http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Europa_Build_Workshop

This will be a gathering of the very engineers that will make our
next and future "release trains" run smoothly. Lest you think that
this activity does not deserve a trip to Portland, that release will
just happen when your project is done, I offer this observation:
information revolutions are easily lead from the rear. Consider two I
know about first hand:

* Agile development gets its agility from test-driven development
which makes testing a design process.

* Wikipedia inverts collaborative writing by putting publication as
the first step in the review process.

I expect this workshop to be similarly leveraged by
institutionalizing what at first might seem like small details but
will turn out to be the very practices that enable Eclipse to
transform collaboration in our industry. Please make sure your
project is represented.

Best regards,
Ward Cunningham

Back to the top