Re: [cdt-dev] Podman Support

Hi Morty,

I have only a little experience with the podman system service.  As to whether it can be used
as a drop-in, I am not sure.  Podman finally added docker API support and has improved it release
to release.  My initial look at this was a while ago after it was introduced and it was inadequate at the time,
but it might be sufficient in the latest releases.

The Linux Tools for the most part are in maintenance mode with no new major features being added.  If the REST
API calls can be replaced and are compatible, it would be reasonable effort to add the support.  If it requires a
new docker-client-like library being written, it would likely require too many resources.

-- Jeff J.