3.6.0.M01 - Release Notes
This is the first milestone of the Sky (3.6.0) release of Virgo.
It contains the following upgrades:
- Tomcat 7.0.29 with WebSocket support
- Spring 3.1
- Gemini Blueprint 1.0.2
- Gemini Web 2.2.0
The milestone also adds a number of enhancements such as:
- New Admin Console for Virgo Kernel, Virgo Server For Apache Tomcat, and Virgo Jetty Server,
described in this blog
- Bulk hot deployment of initial pickup artifacts in Virgo Nano
- All Virgo distributions' p2 profiles are now published with a custom Java Server Profile, with that the p2 resolution exactly matches the runtime content
- Work directory paths have been shortened to alleviate Windows filesystem limitations.
- Bundles and WAR files may be deployed in packed form to shorten work directory paths further.
See the User Guide for
the kernel configuration property deployer.unpackBundles
Enhancements and Fixes
A full list of bugs and enhancements included in this release is available here.